Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The stealer screwed me. Let me know what ya think.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Angry The stealer screwed me. Let me know what ya think.

So essentially, White ES is 17k ish on Mitsubishi website.

Dealer put on the bill of sale, base price 23k.

Plus the add-ons I definitely overpaid there, Fummins told me to skip them selling me stuff, but it was too late by thennot too terrible however, because the bank gave a 6.59 interest rate on 84 months, but the loan had to be 30k kinda wishing I got the GT trim at this point, but the base is well equipped and has the 14 inch alloys which I really wanted because I am sticking to stock tire specs probably get 70 profile tires only tho in the future. All in it wwas just under 30k with 500 dollar student rebate. Payments are 203 biweekly. I am planning on paying off quick.

Things I got

Xpel clear bra 1599 (probably scammed)
    4 part protection 1699 (every 2 years for the lifetime of the car) kinda kinda worth it but I will be doing krown in-between cuz Ontario.
    Winter tires they charged 849. (Definitely overpaid but they aren't too cheapie around 100 a corner.

This brought the price to 27k.

They said this includes destination.

They fooled me into getting the vin etch for 899 in case the car gets stolen, if it does I get 1500 back from the dealer or something from what I remember

Taxes about 3200 ish gst HST.

Plus the small little fees.

I wish I got block heater, and remote start, but I figured they definitely overcharge for that I can get that stuff later for cheap.

It was a very crappy process and it felt very rushed, the dealer seems to have Won, but what do you guys think.

Ps likely I will be putting up a little bit of a fight about it, and see what I can come up with, don't have much to lose, worth a shot.

SIMPLIFY THEN ADD LIGHTNESS.

It happens. They should have an anal lube dispenser at the entrances of dealerships.

If they hosed you maybe look into this https://www.omvic.ca/ or contact the media. $30k for a car with a $17k msrp is hard to swallow.

At the end of the day, you have a new car. Most dealers charge for that stupid vin crap and overcharge for everything.

I've never bought a new car but did buy a new side-by-side. That was chit show, they tried the same crap. Msrp for the machine was around $19k, after 84 months of payments I would have paid over $30k for it. They offered 0.99% interest but the dealer dinked around and tried to set me up for 8-10% and add an extended warranty. I wasted their time going back and forth then ended up borrowing some money from someone and paid cash for it. Dealer didn't think I could come up with the money, probably cause I rolled up in my beater Mirage and look homeless.

Edit: I see you bought from Kross/Southside Mitsubishi over a month ago. Probably not much you can do a month after the fact. But it might be worth looking into. Are you still in Alberta or in Ontario now? Alberta has Amvic.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-27-2024 at 08:33 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-27-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nice, well I bought this from Southside Mitsubishi aka Kross if you remember we talked about it, I am moving to Ontario soon. I suppose amvic would have a similar thing?

Quote Originally Posted by 2024mirage View Post
    Nice, well I bought this from Southside Mitsubishi aka Kross if you remember we talked about it, I am moving to Ontario soon. I suppose amvic would have a similar thing?
    I forgot and just edited that post. Yeah Amvic is for here. I've only dealt with them and Northside Mits. Northside put an engine in my last car and work bought the last couple new Mirage from there. They were far better to deal with than Southside/kross. Every time I took a car to the southside it was a nightmare. The service and parts department were horrible. I never dealt with sales but I imagine they're all the same.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (02-27-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sketchy for sure

I am in Alberta!! Making the drive to Toronto from Edmonton in a few days.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You should always decline any and all dealer options.

For example, paid $500 for rust proofing privately and they did it properly ie. removed bumpers and put the oil into the frame dealer wanted 1700+ and I am sure it would be a hurried job.

Installed "front bra" myself cost $30 and 1 hour of my time (since I did not know how to install had to watch videos).

Paid $19,725 (2023 manual ES) all in out the door including taxes and whatever other nonsense fees rolled in.

Did not really negotiate either just told them to knock off any and all extras.

Gotta remember dealers have massive overhead and they have to pay for it.

Try to find a trusted mechanic, I have a great one in the Toronto area familiar with the mirage(West end), has great prices and does a quality job (most important).

Dont feel bad about not spending more on the higher trim, higher trim levels on cars are the ultimate scam. More electronical junk is just more failure points.

You can always plug your questions into chatgpt negotiator ($20) and get some pretty high quality advice on negotiating if you are unsure about something.
    Last edited by sunbeam; 02-27-2024 at 11:19 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2024mirage View Post
    So essentially, White ES is 17k ish on Mitsubishi website.

Dealer put on the bill of sale, base price 23k.

Plus the add-ons I definitely overpaid there, Fummins told me to skip them selling me stuff, but it was too late by thennot too terrible however, because the bank gave a 6.59 interest rate on 84 months, but the loan had to be 30k kinda wishing I got the GT trim at this point, but the base is well equipped and has the 14 inch alloys which I really wanted because I am sticking to stock tire specs probably get 70 profile tires only tho in the future. All in it wwas just under 30k with 500 dollar student rebate. Payments are 203 biweekly. I am planning on paying off quick.

Things I got

Xpel clear bra 1599 (probably scammed)
    4 part protection 1699 (every 2 years for the lifetime of the car) kinda kinda worth it but I will be doing krown in-between cuz Ontario.
    Winter tires they charged 849. (Definitely overpaid but they aren't too cheapie around 100 a corner.

This brought the price to 27k.

They said this includes destination.

They fooled me into getting the vin etch for 899 in case the car gets stolen, if it does I get 1500 back from the dealer or something from what I remember

Taxes about 3200 ish gst HST.

Plus the small little fees.

I wish I got block heater, and remote start, but I figured they definitely overcharge for that I can get that stuff later for cheap.

It was a very crappy process and it felt very rushed, the dealer seems to have Won, but what do you guys think.

Ps likely I will be putting up a little bit of a fight about it, and see what I can come up with, don't have much to lose, worth a shot.
    $27,000 CAD = $19,935 USD

I just built a Canadian Mirage ES, & it came out to $16,998 CAD ($12,550 USD). I don't believe Canada is as up front with final costs, but someone feel free to correct me on that.

FYI - Our base models may not be equipped the same.

I just built a US Mirage ES, & it came out to $18,110 USD ($24,528 CAD). The break down is below.
    $16,695 MSRP
    $155 Tonneau cover
    $165 Welcome package
    $1,095 Destination & Handling Fees

$16,695 MSRP becomes $18,110 window sticker price.

$18,110 + $996 sales tax for my state/county = $19,106 USD = $25,877 CAD

Speaking for myself only - After looking at the math, I would buy used. I would be much happier with a low mileage 130 hp/6-speed manual Honda Fit for thousands of dollars less money. Today's Mirage would not make me happy due to its pricing.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    84 month loan is wild. Were you able to save for a bigger down payment?
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    84 month loan is wild. Were you able to save for a bigger down payment?
    It's a 0 down, but it's an open loan. I will have it paid off long before 84 months.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yeah, it's a bit steep but honestly, it's a great car, the way it's spec'd for 2024 as a base model kinda enticed me, they essentially spec'd it as if it was a mid trim but put an es badge on it, 27k was including the extras I purchased from the dealer. 23k was car plus destination and HST comes to 23k Canadian.