Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving 10k+ km in one month. Beginning of March to April

Quote Originally Posted by 2024mirage View Post
    It's probably your Alberta foot ������

I managed to get way better gas mileage in the hills especially off of cruise, on the flats and semi flats as well, I am the better cruise control. It's good for when I get tired of pedaling ��������
    I used to take a route everyday where I had to go from 0-80kph. I'd try to accelerate slow and keep rpm low. Then I tried it using the resume function once up to 40 (or whatever speed the cruise starts working at) to get up to 80(I already had it set from previous road) it got up to speed faster and seemed to upshift way faster than I could get it to. I find mine also drops the rpms on it's own where if the cruise is off I gotta back off the throttle to let it "upshift" and drop the rpm. Mines 10 years older and has ghetto programming in it still. The newer ones seem to drive/shift differently almost like a real car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    42.7mpg and 36mpg. Winter came back here the other day. A bit more snow and a bit more cold....Frigg off winter!
    We got dumped on last night, but it wasn't that much. Enough to close schools around here, but they probably just wanted a 3-day weekend anyways.

I knew we would get some more snow, because I took the snow tires off my Mirage & my snowplow off my ATV. It was bound to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    We got dumped on last night, but it wasn't that much. Enough to close schools around here, but they probably just wanted a 3-day weekend anyways.

I knew we would get some more snow, because I took the snow tires off my Mirage & my snowplow off my ATV. It was bound to happen!
    We got just a skiff but just enough that semi's gotta throw gravel down in our loading docks cause the snow turns to ice if you look at if funny.

I don't think they closed my kids' school this winter except for maybe a few of the -40 days because half the busses weren't running.
    Schools here are closed enough as it is, there's usually a teachers conference day twice a month, early out day once a week. They have a week off for "fall break" which I don't think was a thing when I was a kid, they have a week off at christmas time which was a pita when kids were younger and daycares were closed too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    A couple months back, they cancelled school one day in all the counties around here due to predicted severe thunderstorms. And then ... it didn't even friggin rain. What a bunch of maroons.

Again, there's another job I would suck at. Kids would be at school every single scheduled day, unless their school burned down the night before. And then ... I'd have to go confirm the desks / chairs burned too before I'd call it off. Next thing you know, they'll be calling school off for 'wind advisories.'

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Well my friends, here on the ever so temperate Southern Oregon Coast they have cancelled school and used a snow day for the "threat" of snow!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)