Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 524,000km/328,000mile 2015 Mirage amazing, engine teardown extravaganza

I'll try to get the pics and vijeo together for this one one of these days. Hopefully I got enough video and pics of the engine cause I already tossed it in the scrap bin.

And then, maybe onto a 2017 engine...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Keystone. I haven't been able to find the regular stuff in the red cans for about a year now, been stuck buying the blue light stuff. Desperate times...The dog likes it too. I blame the smell on him.
    Keystone Premium is so hard to find! It's been longer than a year for me... ages in fact.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I wanted to see how long I could make the title for this thread. Because I like turtles.

Today I want to have an adult conversation about gardening and how ph levels in the water you feed your plants affect growth. Please, keep non-gardening posts to other threads or you'll have your fingers lopped off as per new forum rules.

I'll try to piece together a quick vijeo of the inards of what I consider a high mileage Mirage engine. I'll dig up a clip showing the noise this one was making. It was similar to what my first 2014 sounded like with 36k kms. It felt a bit down on power as well.

This car had 12k km oil changes done for the first 400,000km and used mainly on the highway doing 70mph putting on over 500km/day on average. Ran 0w20 it's entire life. Started with mobil 1, then klondike around the 250k km mark(in early 2017).
    Here's a sneak peek.

Attachment 26729Attachment 26730

Buddy, put down the tube of glue and paper bag and slowlllllllly back away
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Buddy, put down the tube of glue and paper bag and slowlllllllly back away
    It’s Lysol not glue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)