Thread: Long term plan for my second mirage purchase.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Exclamation Long term plan for my second mirage purchase.

I am absolutely in love with this platform honestly I would like to get another newer mirage eventually with a manual, hopefully a 2023 if I can find it, but I'll settle for 2020+ I want to build a tasteful sleeper mirage. Like... Gutted, full racing/track caged not even a passenger seat. set up, totally under the radar. Starting off with a 300hp minimum custom build on the 3 cylinder, and work my way over to a 4g63. Yes. The money no object weapon mirage. I want it. I need it. Records will be broken.

Now!

I must make money and plan for this insane one.

And it will be done.

I'm hellbent.

SIMPLIFY THEN ADD LIGHTNESS.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2024mirage For This Useful Post:

Grumpy Bear (03-23-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2024mirage View Post
    I am absolutely in love with this platform honestly I would like to get another newer mirage eventually with a manual, hopefully a 2023 if I can find it, but I'll settle for 2020+ I want to build a tasteful sleeper mirage. Like... Gutted, full racing/track caged not even a passenger seat. set up, totally under the radar. Starting off with a 300hp minimum custom build on the 3 cylinder, and work my way over to a 4g63. Yes. The money no object weapon mirage. I want it. I need it. Records will be broken.

Now!

I must make money and plan for this insane one.

And it will be done.

I'm hellbent.
    Okay if we quote you on this? This might just be the one that actually gets done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (03-23-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote away, I will do it no matter what ❤️

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote away, I will do it no matter what ❤️
    Alrighty then - games on!

Just for some background, you're not the first on the forum to want to hop up this Mirage platform into a speedy sleeper. And not to discourage you at all - you have stated that money is no object in your plans. That ought to get it done. What is your access to fabrication?

Let's just take a four-cylinder conversion for example. Others in the past have found the transverse-mounted design of a four-cylinder is a little too wide for the Mirage body. It'll take a lot of fabrication skills to get it done. But if money is no object, then anything is possible.

What do you have in mind for this project - any specifics? I mean beyond 100hp/cylinder for the 3A92, or stuffing a 4G63 under the hood. How do you intend to mount it? How to you intend to quadruple the output of the 3A92?
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-23-2024 at 05:31 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The 4g63 swap, has been done in Thailand/Malaysia/Philippines somewhere in that region.
    I will do a tonne more research but it's definitely doable. Yes not easy, but can be done! I don't care how it gets mounted as long as it fits, I won't care about cutting into the body, or anything. If it needs to be done for it to fit I will do it.

As for plans on squeezing insane HP out of the 3 cylinder it requires a full overhaul, bore out, sleeves, the whole 9.

https://youtu.be/x0jiY6xFhZ4?si=Z2dB8v_P5oSyf7sH

This was built to handle 40+ psi 500hp currently at 400hp. I will follow in the footsteps. I will go to the same people they have all the stuff designed already.

I will be roughly around 30-35psi... Depending..

and due to the small size it's not that expensive!!

I do not have access to my own fabrication, but I am going to outsource.

I want to keep the 3cyl in there for as long as I can making 230-350hp while the 4g63 or something similar project is on the drawing board. I want to have crazy power to weight ratio, and I want it to handle like it's on rails without giving too much away (sleeper)

Eventually it will have to be a track only car.
    Last edited by 2024mirage; 03-23-2024 at 07:54 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2024mirage For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-23-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The 4g63 swap, has been done in Thailand/Malaysia

As for plans on squeezing insane HP out of the 3 cylinder it requires a full overhaul.

https://youtu.be/x0jiY6xFhZ4?si=Z2dB8v_P5oSyf7sH

This was built to handle 40+ psi 500hp currently at 400hp. I will follow in the footsteps. I will go to the same people they have all the stuff designed already.

I will be roughly around 30-35psi... Depending..

and due to the small size it's not that expensive!!

I do not have access to my own fabrication, but I am going to outsource.
    This is going to be a fun build. Subscribed!

DirtGearTV is on this forum, and gave updates on his project. Maybe you can reach him here for advice?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes!! I don't know how long it will take because I have to make the financials for it, but I will work day in and day out in Penelope the to be Cadillac mirage doing Uberx and Lyft .. I'm talking 12-18 hour days. I am trying to get the best tips.

I might start a little charity fund to help build the "top secret mirage weapon"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    I'm working the same long hours trying to build up some money. Except I'm planning on investing all my money into blackjack and hookers. Whatever I have left, I'll blow it on something wasteful.

Oh, and subscribed! When you do get a 5-speed, make sure to get a blue one!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-25-2024)