Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan debut at the 2014 New York Auto Show?

Too bad nobody bet me, because it looks like I lost...

So it appears there's no sedan at NYAIS 2014.

I'm basing this on three things:

1) ZERO mention about Mitsubishi in the press (the media had access to all the show displays/presentations for 2 days before today's public opening).

2) A VINE video which appears to show all the cars on the Mitsu stand: https://vine.co/v/M1uA7iPWIBg

3) I sent a note to Mitsu USA's PR person this week asking about the sedan... and got NO response. (In the past the rep has been exceedingly prompt with replies.) If you're counting, that makes two different PR reps in two countries who have ignored my recent inquiries about the sedan.

New York is the final show in the "auto show season".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    so a no show means no sedan at least for now?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Only slightly off topic, but does the sedan have more cargo capacity? It seems a silly question, I know, but I've been told that the old Toyota Echo hatch actually had less space than the Echo sedan, because they basically just tacked on a trunk, and the hatch area of the Echo was pretty small to begin with.

I suspect the Mirage Hatch would still be bigger (allowing for loading up higher than the cover), but one can never know. As we saw with the official specs that show the hatch to be as big as the Honda Fit, when we can see it clearly isn't.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Canoe: good question. You could look up the specs for sedan vs. hatch in the Philippines, but if you can't trust the published specs...

kalifornia: I think that's what it means, unfortunately. I'm going to poke the U.S. Mitsu rep again soon and will see what he says (if he replies ).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sedan trunk = 450L, Hatchback = 235L. It ought to be close in terms of total volume, though, as the hypotenuse that is the hatchback would contain a bit more space. I'm sure for most it will just come down to style/preference, but the sedan could have some benefits for people who carry longer items, or those that want some space and seating for 4, the hatch for those who have bulkier stuff and appreciate the shorter LOA for parking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Oh - I actually did find one bit of coverage of Mitsu's display at the NY show...

Mitsubishi staged a press event that included a pyrotechnics display, a performance by the Swedish Nude Ballet, the announcement of a new Pope, and a ritual human sacrifice. It received no press coverage whatsoever.

http://autoblopnik.com/2014/04/18/20...ow-highlights/

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Last week, as a Mitsubishi owner I was at the local dealer. I had asked about new models, especially about the Mirage Sedan. The sales person made a look on his face like he just hear it for the first time about this model. The manager tried to make a similar look on his face; however, he told me that it may appear some time next year. And then, he quickly switched our discussion to a new Galant (which may appear as 2016 model), the new Eclipse as 2016 model, and new Montero, which may also appear in 2016 as a 2017 year model.