Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cvtz50 app has two deterioration date methods

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't know how they come with oil deterioration. I ignore all that and try to replace fluid at mileage intervals instead. I don't reset degredation/deteriotion numbers either.
    Btw fummins a quick question, when I change from D to R or N to D it shakes the car not too much but noticeable when car is warm and low rpm.

My second question is about car kicking in reverse so when I put the car in R sometimes the car kicks and shakes the car very noticeable like you mashed it in gear is it normal?

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nimas1377 View Post
    Yeah I’m gonna reset it too after fluid change cause I already have the app and the obd adaptor so what is the harm in it.
    But I actually suspect that maybe my car mileage has been reduced because I had it since 16k km and the number is just really high
    Btw a quick question what is your cvt runtime? Mine is 2700 hours which is also sus cause the car has 37k km although in city and traffic but thats a damn lot of hours.
    Last time I checked mine was 4500 hours at 102k miles, got the car new as "last years model" in late 2018 with 15miles on it. 2700 does seem quite high for only 37000km.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Btw fummins a quick question, when I change from D to R or N to D it shakes the car not too much but noticeable when car is warm and low rpm.

My second question is about car kicking in reverse so when I put the car in R sometimes the car kicks and shakes the car very noticeable like you mashed it in gear is it normal?
    Can you post a video of what you mean? Is it clunking badly when shifting into reverse. Like it would if you revved the engine up while shifting?
    These things are a bit shakey to start with but if it's vibrating the entire car then I'd be looking at the front of the suspension crossmember/subframe where the dogbone engine mount goes, to see if full of sand, gravel, or??? I had one this winter that was packed full of ice, usually they scoop up gravel and get rocks jammed in behind causing a bad vibration when in drive or reverse, more so when on the throttle.

Otherwise, possibly a bad cv axle. I had one that had the inner joint cause a bad vibration under load while driving.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Can you post a video of what you mean? Is it clunking badly when shifting into reverse. Like it would if you revved the engine up while shifting?
    These things are a bit shakey to start with but if it's vibrating the entire car then I'd be looking at the front of the suspension crossmember/subframe where the dogbone engine mount goes, to see if full of sand, gravel, or??? I had one this winter that was packed full of ice, usually they scoop up gravel and get rocks jammed in behind causing a bad vibration when in drive or reverse, more so when on the throttle.

Otherwise, possibly a bad cv axle. I had one that had the inner joint cause a bad vibration under load while driving.
    It doesn’t do it every time ( most of the times it is smooth when engaging reverse ) and no it doesn’t clunk, it mashes into gear and shake the car like it is revved.
    The car doesn’t vibrate badly when under load I reversed a lot while parking in steep hills
    The gearbox is ok when driving only when you want to park and you go forward and then put the car in reverse not even every time just few times in month, also when it does that I put in N again and shift to R and it does that again and again so it can be engine mount but also the car has 37k km so Idk

It doesn’t do it every time ( most of the times it is smooth when engaging reverse ) and no it doesn’t clunk, it mashes into gear and shake the car like it is revved.
    The car doesn’t vibrate badly when under load I reversed a lot while parking in steep hills
    The gearbox is ok when driving only when you want to park and you go forward and then put the car in reverse not even every time just few times in month, also when it does that I put in N again and shift to R and it does that again and again so it can be engine mount but also the car has 37k km so Idk
    I'd verify the fluid level it correct. If you changed any filters could they have been installed incorrectly. I've had the odd oring tear when replacing the cartridge filter causing a massive leak a day or so later.
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-01-2024 at 02:55 PM. Reason: need spellcheck

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    I'd verify the fluid level it correct. If you changed any filters could they have been installed incorrectly. I've had the odd oring tear when replacing the cartridge filter causing a massive leak a day or so later.
    I will check the fluid level.
    Also when I got the car at 15k km the battery acid has fallen and made a mess is there anything important under the battery that maybe the acid ruined like an engine mount?
    Will update with how is the fluid level soon

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I will check the fluid level.
    Also when I got the car at 15k km the battery acid has fallen and made a mess is there anything important under the battery that maybe the acid ruined like an engine mount?
    Will update with how is the fluid level soon
    The box the battery sits in has a hole in the bottom of it to allow battery acid to safely drain to the ground.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    The box the battery sits in has a hole in the bottom of it to allow battery acid to safely drain to the ground.
    I was wondering because transmission mount is under it can the acid ruin the plastic parts of the mount and the sound and the Push I get sometime is from that

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Fummins I haven’t checked the fluid level yet but the car has no leak ( 37k km so I doubt anything is leaking ) and a quick update about the clunking and lurching, It happens only when the car is in a specific position. So like when it is in that “bad” position when you go from drive to reverse it clunks ( if you put the car in N and again in R while still in the same position ( holding with brakes ) it still clunks again and again) but if you move the car and try again it is smooth

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Okay so today I checked the fluid level while hot and it seems perfect ( it was 80C and the oil was above the upper H line )
    Also I drove a bit and got the car up to temperature ( CVT up to 95C ) and when parked at a level parking It did that again I switched the gears until it does that again on camera and got a video
    Note that I was holding the camera in a way that the vibrations could be seen the shifts were all good ( sort of ) but the one in the second 23 and the other in 1:00 kicked the car and was the exact thing I was experiencing
    Video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zwx...w?usp=drivesdk