Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idiots not keeping their word

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Honestly, in my perspective, for those buyers who asking too much from the seller in CL simply don’t want it after all. It even a waste of time for the seller to respond to them further after saying “hi, is this still available? Can you meet halfway? Can you hold it for me?” Or when they don’t read the short add/post in entirety.

Like in other words, if someone want something, he or she has to work for it i.e. being communicative, considerate, and respectful. That’s how seller appreciate the buyer and perhaps vice versa.

Last edited by defensivetackle99; 03-30-2024 at 01:37 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-30-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    But haven't you heard about One red paperclip?

One red paperclip
    One red paperclip is a website created by Canadian blogger Kyle MacDonald, who traded his way from a single red paperclip to a house in a series of fourteen online trades over the course of a year.
    Maybe these are just folks down on their luck that are having difficulties finding & holding gainful employment and just want to trade up?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    There's a saying we had in college about students, if they're having a major problem in one class the problem is likely with that prof. If said student is having issues in all their classes the problem is with them. Seeing as buddy is having issues with all the buyers the problem is clearly with him. I'm not prepared to speculate any further than that.
    Wally - I totally get that, it's a good analogy. And I actually do believe he is doing something to scare them off. Maybe he's just too aggressive to get an item gone, and they sense that and think there must be something wrong with the item.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)