Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idiots not keeping their word

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Idiots not keeping their word

I'm spitting nails about now
    I made a deal with a guy to buy an item and told him I really had to run a couple errands that were time sensitive and he'd get paid via EMT within 2 hours.
    I get home in 75 minutes and sit down to EMT dude his money. I see an email from him virtually 3minutes ago. I think, "huh", I open it to read he sold the item and got the money. His reason? There were too many people interested. So I took the opportunity to call him untrustworthy, a virtual con artist and other choice but accurate terms.

This probably wouldn't annoy me nearly as much except yesterday I responded to an ad telling the guy I'd take it only to get a return email explaining to me why I would not like the item!!! Like dude, WTF do you know about my needs? After half a dozen back and forth emails dude finally concedes the item is OK for me (why thank you dude, god bless, I am not worthy) then goes on to tell me I can't come and pick up the item (one village over) because it's OUT ON LOAN!!! Then wtf did you advertise it in the first place you retard? So I ask if he can call it in. He's not willing. I ask when it might come back, Sometime is the answer. Holy f*ck, the human race is populated with far more specimens belonging in supervised care than I ever thought possible.

I belong to a small group where your word is your reputation. you make a commitment you better bloody well follow through. I can only hope I get a chance to let as many others know these dude don't keep their words.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (03-28-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I'm spitting nails about now
    I made a deal with a guy to buy an item and told him I really had to run a couple errands that were time sensitive and he'd get paid via EMT within 2 hours.
    I get home in 75 minutes and sit down to EMT dude his money. I see an email from him virtually 3minutes ago. I think, "huh", I open it to read he sold the item and got the money. His reason? There were too many people interested. So I took the opportunity to call him untrustworthy, a virtual con artist and other choice but accurate terms.

This probably wouldn't annoy me nearly as much except yesterday I responded to an ad telling the guy I'd take it only to get a return email explaining to me why I would not like the item!!! Like dude, WTF do you know about my needs? After half a dozen back and forth emails dude finally concedes the item is OK for me (why thank you dude, god bless, I am not worthy) then goes on to tell me I can't come and pick up the item (one village over) because it's OUT ON LOAN!!! Then wtf did you advertise it in the first place you retard? So I ask if he can call it in. He's not willing. I ask when it might come back, Sometime is the answer. Holy f*ck, the human race is populated with far more specimens belonging in supervised care than I ever thought possible.

I belong to a small group where your word is your reputation. you make a commitment you better bloody well follow through. I can only hope I get a chance to let as many others know these dude don't keep their words.
    I only know of one man who walked on water. The rest of the human race is a good reminder of how imperfect we all are every single day, and that reminder starts with me!

I'm sorry you had a bad day, & venting can be good! Let's hope the item someone else got instead of you blows up on them tomorrow!

I've learned some things aren't meant to be sometimes, & in hindsight it turns out to be a blessing! I'm not trying to take away from your frustration, because most of us have been there & felt your pain/anger at times, too.

Hopefully, tomorrow is a better day my friend!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I only know of one man who walked on water. The rest of the human race is a good reminder of how imperfect we all are every single day, and that reminder starts with me!

I'm sorry you had a bad day, & venting can be good! Let's hope the item someone else got instead of you blows up on them tomorrow!

I've learned some things aren't meant to be sometimes, & in hindsight it turns out to be a blessing! I'm not trying to take away from your frustration, because most of us have been there & felt your pain/anger at times, too.

Hopefully, tomorrow is a better day my friend!
    Thanks Mark
    Yes, I am venting and I know how fallible it all is.
    Sometimes I expect too much and expect others to mimic my ethos
    As they say, tomorrow is another day

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Here's to better days ahead Wally.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Wallythacker (03-28-2024)

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I belong to a small group where your word is your reputation
    Hell yeah! I will drink to that.
    My father taught me one thing (among many others) - man's word is more valuable than money. And I stick to that trying to pass it to my sons, hope I will succeed

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bunio14 For This Useful Post:

Wallythacker (03-28-2024)

Can’t trust pimps these days!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    I got a close buddy here in town (the buddy that the "my old Dodge Ram" thread is about). He's been in a fire sale mode over the past 6 months. One of the last things he has he can sell is a CRF 250R. Probably about a 2015 or 2016 model. He's had it maybe a bit over a year, it was for his son. His son got hurt on it, but that's not really why he's trying to sell it. Anywho...

He keeps getting buyers that say they're going to buy it, they work out a cash deal, they even say they're willing to give him ~$200 more to deliver it. Then the day he loads it up and is going to deliver it, they ghost him and never give him their address, never communicate with him again. It's happened about 5 times now. It's apparent by verbal conversations he has with these potential buyers he has negotiated deals with are ... how to say, hardcore Atlanta types. Just happened to him again yesterday.

I've been blessed. I've never ran into those types of situations. I've managed to always find good buyers like Wally, Mark, bunio, and good abominable snowmen like Fummins!

J/K Fummins - You know I love ya!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

bunio14 (03-28-2024),Fummins (03-28-2024),Wallythacker (03-28-2024)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here here! Quality of craigslist and offerup buyers/sellers went downhill over the last 5-8 years. People think they're cunning in negotiations and lots of ghosting, its a transaction, don't think you'll hurt my feelings by being homest and saying you don't want it anymore. There's always another buyer.

My favorite is when buyers ask to bring the price down then have the audacity to ask me to ship it for free or drive it to them, then get angry when I say no.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

defensivetackle99 (03-28-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wally, I hear ya. And There are several curbstoners out there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I got a close buddy here in town (the buddy that the "my old Dodge Ram" thread is about). He's been in a fire sale mode over the past 6 months. One of the last things he has he can sell is a CRF 250R. Probably about a 2015 or 2016 model. He's had it maybe a bit over a year, it was for his son. His son got hurt on it, but that's not really why he's trying to sell it. Anywho...

He keeps getting buyers that say they're going to buy it, they work out a cash deal, they even say they're willing to give him ~$200 more to deliver it. Then the day he loads it up and is going to deliver it, they ghost him and never give him their address, never communicate with him again. It's happened about 5 times now. It's apparent by verbal conversations he has with these potential buyers he has negotiated deals with are ... how to say, hardcore Atlanta types. Just happened to him again yesterday.

I've been blessed. I've never ran into those types of situations. I've managed to always find good buyers like Wally, Mark, bunio, and good abominable snowmen like Fummins!

J/K Fummins - You know I love ya!
    That strange behavior is starting to surface here in Ontario. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Here here! Quality of craigslist and offerup buyers/sellers went downhill over the last 5-8 years. People think they're cunning in negotiations and lots of ghosting, its a transaction, don't think you'll hurt my feelings by being homest and saying you don't want it anymore. There's always another buyer.

My favorite is when buyers ask to bring the price down then have the audacity to ask me to ship it for free or drive it to them, then get angry when I say no.
    You too? I have a new policy. Don't like my price or my terms? Then go buy one of the 100 identical items available on Craigslist/Kijiji here in Canada. What do you mean I have the only item of that type? I guess you pay my price ***** or go without. No breaks, no favors, it always backfires.

You know, you get a feel for people over the internet as time goes on. There's a long list of people here I'd give my door code to if you had some misfortune while in my town and needed food, a shower, a safe place to sleep for a bit. I think hanging out with a lot of you would be a blast.