Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2023 G4 Multiple Evap Codes

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

2023 G4 Multiple Evap Codes

So the wife tells me the check engine light came on so I told her to swing by the shop after work. I hooked up the scanner and got these codes.......

P0441
    P0450
    P0452
    P0183

These codes are all related to the evap system near the fuel tank. I highly doubt the purge valve, pressure sensor, and temp sensor all went bad at once. I cleared the codes and they all came right back. Seems to me we have a wiring issue somewhere. I am tempted to take it to the dealer under warranty, but I suspect this might be a rodent issue since we have mice in the country. These mice have gotten into my blower motor on my 96 Metro and my 2017 Mirage ES.

If it goes to the dealer and it is a rodent issue, then I am stuck with the diagnostic bill at minimum. I think I am going to inspect the wiring under the car first and then check under the rear seat access plate. I will keep you all posted. Currently I am on a mice killing mission! Got 5 so far with traps.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-12-2024),Fummins (04-12-2024),inuvik (04-12-2024),MetroMPG (04-12-2024),Top_Fuel (04-12-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    So the wife tells me the check engine light came on so I told her to swing by the shop after work. I hooked up the scanner and got these codes.......

P0441
    P0450
    P0452
    P0183

These codes are all related to the evap system near the fuel tank. I highly doubt the purge valve, pressure sensor, and temp sensor all went bad at once. I cleared the codes and they all came right back. Seems to me we have a wiring issue somewhere. I am tempted to take it to the dealer under warranty, but I suspect this might be a rodent issue since we have mice in the country. These mice have gotten into my blower motor on my 96 Metro and my 2017 Mirage ES.

If it goes to the dealer and it is a rodent issue, then I am stuck with the diagnostic bill at minimum. I think I am going to inspect the wiring under the car first and then check under the rear seat access plate. I will keep you all posted. Currently I am on a mice killing mission! Got 5 so far with traps.
    Hey Johnny it might not apply to your case but I had an evap code that was caused by a cracked fuel pump assembly. The repair was covered by the dealer, presumably as an emissions-related failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Found my records on my OBDLink app:

2020-SEP-09: P0442 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (small leak)
    This was first simply cleared by my dealer but it came back. There were several such entries that I saved. The second trip they cleaned the fuel filler neck. It stayed clear for a couple months, but...

2021-FEB-14: P0456 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (very small leak)
    At least it went from a small leak to a very small leak.
    On the other hand, I got different codes from what you posted.
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-12-2024 at 11:56 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

My random internet guess is wiring under the back seat. Fuel pressure sensor and temp sensor are both part of the fuel pump assembly. 2 codes are for evap pressure, 1 fuel temp and the other purge flow(pressure).

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...l=1#post115923

I remember seeing a post from a while back showed the wiring chewed up under the access plate to the fuel pump. Of course, can't find it now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-12-2024)

Keep us posted.

I bought a running '99 Firefly (Metro) parts car a few years ago. It's no longer running (because of mice munching). My fault for parking it in a very critter-friendly area.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    General fuel pump harness pics in THIS thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-12-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does the rear seat on a sedan just pop out?

I don't know about the g4's? Hopefully they're the same?
    The Hatchback seat bottoms just lift straight up(quick jerk) at the front of the seat. The hooks are about 14" in from the outer edge of the seat.

Here

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dude was practically standing up in the car to remove the seat in that video. LOLOLOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    It's a bit of an investment, but I haven't used anything better than their bait stations & their eradication bait. This stuff really works! I have 5 of their bait stations around my rural property buildings. It's made a HUGE difference.

Solutions Pest & Lawn is the company (Pasadena, TX)

Bait stations - Solutions Rat & Mouse Bait Stations

Bait - Eratication Rodent Bait (4 pound bucket/64 bait blocks)

https://www.solutionsstores.com/eratication-rodent-bait

Use rubber gloves to eliminate human scent when loading bait stations.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I made a trap with a coat hanger, an empty soda pop can & an empty 12L drywall compound pail. (You can use a 5 gallon pail, but I had the little drywall one here). Put 2 or 3" of water in the bottom of the pail to keep them from jumping out, coat the can with peanut butter, put a piece of wood up to the top of the pail for a ramp & you'll get several a night.
    https://www.primalsurvivor.net/bucket-mouse-trap/ Good Luck!!!

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-14-2024)