Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I buy this thing: 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunbun View Post
    Did you test drive and/or make an offer on it? Did you get the feeling the salesperson felt like there was something off about the car?
    I test drove it a while back: it seemed to drive ok and the engine sounded fine. The salesman seemed to not know a ton about the car. They had it for a couple months, but I remember him saying that it was going to be hard to sell, since not many people drove stick anymore.

I then got the whole, "so what's preventing you to buy it today" spiel, and was adamant that I liked my car (2003 Golf TDI), but was looking just for fun. I've since received a couple calls from them since seeing if I was still interested.

I was just thrown off by how it was repainted (why?), and the fact is it was missing random trim pieces. I'm at once intrigued, and wary.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernistDinosaur View Post
    I test drove it a while back: it seemed to drive ok and the engine sounded fine. The salesman seemed to not know a ton about the car. They had it for a couple months, but I remember him saying that it was going to be hard to sell, since not many people drove stick anymore.

I then got the whole, "so what's preventing you to buy it today" spiel, and was adamant that I liked my car (2003 Golf TDI), but was looking just for fun. I've since received a couple calls from them since seeing if I was still interested.

I was just thrown off by how it was repainted (why?), and the fact is it was missing random trim pieces. I'm at once intrigued, and wary.
    That is crazy weird about the paint. The two tone could actually be pretty charming with those two colors I suppose! I'm thinking maybe it was vandalized or something cosmetic like that🤔 I do like that they got rid of all the badges! IYKYK, right?

Did you end up finding a specimen you liked or are you still happily rockin' the Golf?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I still have my golf, although I'm thinking of selling it this spring. I've been keeping my eyes open in the meantime for a proper Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Right on, I hope you find one you love!

Bunbun is probably the dealer with the weird car. Or the strangest beginning of spam.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are we not Mirage enthusiastis my dude? What's fishy about continuing a thread about an interesting specimen? Isn't this how we're supposed to get a feel for the market and participate in the community?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Bunbun is probably the dealer with the weird car. Or the strangest beginning of spam.
    Are we not Mirage enthusiastis my dude? What's fishy about continuing a thread about an interesting specimen? Isn't this how we're supposed to get a feel for the market and participate in the community?
    There's a reason why he posted what he did.

We regularly get new members - some, not all - who start a new account, make a new post that's only somewhat relevant to the discussion & the forum, then return later to modify their post with spam.

With that being said, welcome to the forum. Please share what brought you here and tell us about your Mirage or your interest in the Mirage.

Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

What's fishy about continuing a thread about an interesting specimen? Isn't this how we're supposed to get a feel for the market and participate in the community?
    Your first and only points on this forum are only about asking the op about a persons first hand experience looking and dealing with one used car dealer. There's nothing wrong with that, it just seems weird. Most people who post on random no-longer active threads usually come back to change their post about where to buy blue pills or how great a random moving company is.

Other thought was you work at the used car dealer and stumbled upon this post about it. I'm sure the website admin can find out easily enough where links are being posted or even a simple google search often turns up post on this forum. I'd like to think nobody would go through the trouble of signing up to a forum just to try and make or understand a lost sale. That'd be weird af and pretty stalkery to track down someone online like that.

So...If the above doesn't apply, my bad and welcome.

And, just like that the Mirage is removed from the dealer website.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And, just like that the Mirage is removed from the dealer website.
    What a twist!