Thread: Abs light, rh rear abs signal problem.

Abs light, rh rear abs signal problem.

I have a 2015 Mirage here right meow that came in for an unrelated reason, and as per usual I find bigger problems. Complaint was washer fluid tank leaks I bring it inside with the abs, brake and trac control warning lights on. There's a code stored for the rh rear abs sensor, during a test drive the lights would sometimes go out indicating it's getting a reading(I didn't watch wheel speed data on test drive...)

On the lift, while watching wheel speed sensor speeds on the scanner the left rear works fine the right rear shows nothing when the wheel is spun. Right away my go-to is typically the abs sensor itself cause the wire usually wears/breaks down low on the trailing axle. The harness looked fine though. I ran a new(used) sensor temporarily, tried it and still no reading. Just in case that one was nfg I tried a second used sensor and got the same zero reading.

Pulled the drum off and it looked like new. I replaced the brakes recently, pretty sure the drum came assembled(studs, bearing and abs ring). I had a new drum sitting in my parts pile so I swapped it just to try, even though it made no sense. Still no reading....

So now, I either have 3 nfg speed sensors or there's a broken wire elsewhere. The wiring under the seat to the main harness on the rh rocker looks fine. So I went blindly onto the next go-to place, the kick panel. It too looked fine.

I'd go check the wrecks to follow the harness but there's one too many tweakers within spitting distance, smashing up an old microwave in a shopping cart and pulling the wire out of it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-23-2024)

I looked up the history on this one, I replaced the rear brakes in October. A week later replaced the rh rear abs sensor, so that explains why it looks fine. After finding nothing wrong I tested for power and ground at the abs sensor connector. Had 11.5ish volts, the service manual(if I read it right-and I probably didn't) says it should measure under 1volt on the power side. Weird...

So after finding nothing and now having more junk parked outside waiting to come inside, I bolted the old sensor back in, plugged it in and tried it. And it works fine now. I wiggled all over the sensor wire and around the connector inside the car while spinning wheel and watching the wheel speed data, it never cut out.

Now it's not broken and I can't get it to screw up, at least not in the shop. I'll take it for a drive later and see if the warning lights stay out. I'm thinking there's a broken or corroded wire somewhere hanging on by a few strands.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Well, this entire deal came out as inconclusive. I took it for a 10 min drive and no more abs codes. It'll probably come back on when they pick the car up which might be a while.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-23-2024)