Thread: Key fob will only lock

Key fob will only lock

I've got a 2019 Mirage (keyless entry/lock unlock button keyfob built into the head of the normal metal key) that the fob quit working. If you push the lock button it'd flash once then nothing else would happen(that I noticed). I replaced the battery since it was reading 2.9v. (battery part number is CR1620). Put it back together and nothing, the car would sporadically lock. Then I realised it would also randomly just lock itself with no inuput. I sat in the car, doors unlocked and the key fob led turned on and the doors locked....The unlock button would work every 20 times it was pushed. After fiddling with both lock and unlock buttons with the fob removed from the key head for a few mins it started working normally again. I blew it out with compressed air even though it looked clean and dry already. Slapped it back together and so far so good.

I haven't seen that one before. I'll report back if it acts up again.

I don't know if it was doing this same thing for the driver as all that was written on the cry-sheet was "remote battery".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

daleWV (04-27-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,831 Times in 2,136 Posts
    Sounds like water damage or some soft drink.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)