Thread: Floor Mats / Liners

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Floor Mats / Liners

I've found several threads in regards to OEM all weather floors mats vs the WeatherTech's and see that most favor the WeatherTech's due to better coverage area in the deadspot. This isn't too much of a concern with me as I don't live in a snowy area. I haven't had the best of luck with WeatherTech's over the years so I've typically leaned towards OEM mats.

The question I have and haven't really been able to find is:

1. I saw somewhere that was posted the rear OEM floor mats are really small and don't cover the entire area but am unable to find this again to look at pictures. Does anyone have a picture of rear floor mats that show coverage area they could share?

2. The problem I've had with WeatherTech Liners are they eventually loose their shape and tend to fold inwards? Is this still a problem with these?

Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giant22000 View Post
    I've found several threads in regards to OEM all weather floors mats vs the WeatherTech's and see that most favor the WeatherTech's due to better coverage area in the deadspot. This isn't too much of a concern with me as I don't live in a snowy area. I haven't had the best of luck with WeatherTech's over the years so I've typically leaned towards OEM mats.

1. I saw somewhere that was posted the rear OEM floor mats are really small and don't cover the entire area but am unable to find this again to look at pictures. Does anyone have a picture of rear floor mats that show coverage area they could share?

2. The problem I've had with WeatherTech Liners are they eventually loose their shape and tend to fold inwards? Is this still a problem with these?

Thanks.
    1. Mine came with the OEM all weather floor mats as a weather package and I threw it away. It sucks even difficult to keep it clean. Sry no pics. Check eBay as reference. It not that great even for the stake of having it. No OEM accessories are easily affordable.

2. Uhh no. No such things. I have the one…ya know the one that costs $200 from Amazon or directly from WT website…so that one covers more space than needed. No crease. No tears and not cheaply made. It is an A+ investment IMO. Yes. I know. $200. I get it. It is a tall asking price BUT it a one time expense and does what it suppose to do.

Bear in mind there are the universal weather tech mats and the customized weather tech mats. The quality differences between these two are not even the same lol.
    Last edited by defensivetackle99; 04-28-2024 at 08:22 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-28-2024),giant22000 (04-29-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giant22000 View Post

Thanks.
    My WT are going on 8 years and I roll them up to store them and they unroll and lie flat each year.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

giant22000 (04-29-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    My WT are going on 8 years and I roll them up to store them and they unroll and lie flat each year.
    Do you have the laser fit liners or the other ones… can’t remember what they’re called lol
    Last edited by giant22000; 04-29-2024 at 01:05 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    they are the laser fit
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

giant22000 (04-29-2024)

I had weather techs in my previous mirage that I assume were installed from new in 2013 cause when I bought the car used, the factory rubber and carpet mats were still in the plastic. I robbed the weathertechs when I sold that car and put them in my current 2014. No problems yet.
    Look how much water the rear mats hold
    https://youtube.com/shorts/5kteMdWaZ...YMFHSBzPDi-K-i

I had some Husky brand molded floor mats in my truck but the drivers one ended up in a trash can. The clutch pedal got stuck to the floor behind the mat one too many times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)