Thread: Hi ! 2015 ES CVT

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Hi ! 2015 ES CVT

Hi, just bought a used 2015 in superb condition with less than 100k km. Just discovered this forum and dicided to be a part of it. I'm in Canada, on the Eastern side, really excited to test drive it more and discover some tricks to fully appreciate it.

Heres some pics, missing 2 hub caps, but will custom some generic ones black and blue.

Any tips I should know ?

Attached Images Attached Images   

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samwars95 For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-26-2024),Wil B (05-27-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samwars95 View Post
    Hi, just bought a used 2015 in superb condition with less than 100k km. Just discovered this forum and dicided to be a part of it. I'm in Canada, on the Eastern side, really excited to test drive it more and discover some tricks to fully appreciate it.

Heres some pics, missing 2 hub caps, but will custom some generic ones black and blue.

Any tips I should know ?
    Hello samwars95 and welcome to the forum.

The design of this generation Mirage is based on economy - cheap to purchase, cheap to operate. Its fuel economy rivals and beats hybrids, including those of Toyota. All on a simple, reliable drivetrain.

If you want to maintain and improve that fuel economy at little cost, here's two tips.
    1. Keep your tires inflated for lower rolling resistance. I would keep my tires inflated around 45 psi, and sometimes 50 psi. Pay attention to the tire's rated maximum pressure as stated on the sidewall and go with what you're comfortable with.
    2. Slow down. Fast & hard driving can be fun but it increases wear & tear on the car and definietly uses more fuel.

Also, have the CVT fluid level changed. It's not too difficult to do yourself and there's lots of info here on that and other DIY maintenance projects.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll do our best to help.

Again, welcome.
    Last edited by Eggman; 05-26-2024 at 02:33 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks ! I will do that, i've already inflated it at 40, will add a lil more, not sure for the winter driving tho ? Already having a blast driving it, it goes from a to b and its fuel efficiency is the best.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,502 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Hey samwars95: Welcome.

Might I suggest to paint your stock wheels? See post #: 2660 HERE.

It cost me less than $43 to paint them. And I think it looks as good or better than wheel covers.

Nice ride by the way!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site!