Thread: bright red Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

bright red Mirage?

today I did a double take.
    while on the errand to take pics of the charging forest I saw, across the lot a bright red Mirage.

I had to stare at it for a good 30 seconds because it would simply not register that it existed. It was at the intersection of the charging forest plaza.

I could not tell, obviously, if it were factory or aftermarket but it was a Mirage with LED tails, that I could determine but I did not get a look at the front so no idea what year it was. But, WOW, bright red really does suit the Mirage. It's not a deep bright red like a Fire Engine but more a lighter bright red. It's up there with the Blueberry for sheer lust factor.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Grumpy Bear (06-01-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    today I did a double take.
    while on the errand to take pics of the charging forest I saw, across the lot a bright red Mirage.

I had to stare at it for a good 30 seconds because it would simply not register that it existed. It was at the intersection of the charging forest plaza.

I could not tell, obviously, if it were factory or aftermarket but it was a Mirage with LED tails, that I could determine but I did not get a look at the front so no idea what year it was. But, WOW, bright red really does suit the Mirage. It's not a deep bright red like a Fire Engine but more a lighter bright red. It's up there with the Blueberry for sheer lust factor.
    Probably a vinyl wrap or something. The only red that came from the factory on these cars is InfraRed which is kind of a cherry red metallic...unless you want to count the Wine Red which really isn't red. I always thought a bright, non- metallic lipstick red would look great on these cars. Think GM's appropriately named 'Bright Red' as seen on '90s Camaros and Firebirds.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 2,152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Probably a vinyl wrap or something. The only red that came from the factory on these cars is InfraRed which is kind of a cherry red metallic...unless you want to count the Wine Red which really isn't red. I always thought a bright, non- metallic lipstick red would look great on these cars. Think GM's appropriately named 'Bright Red' as seen on '90s Camaros and Firebirds.
    The Mirage would look better with a bright red color. Personally, I don't like the Mirage yellow either. A bright yellow would look much better in my opinion. The purple Mirage looks pink to me. All these colors would look cool on the Mirage, but I don't like their shade of those colors at all.

The blue has always been sharp. I liked the green & orange colors of the past. It's hard to mess up black, white, gray, & silver.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 1,098 Posts
    I usually like silver. For some reason, I'm not digging it as much with the Mirage. But the gray color looks good. I liked the green and orange colors too. I like the new yeller color. I'd like to get my winders tinted. I think it would go well with my black wheels. But tinted winders would cost me ~$250. And I'm trying to keep this car as inexpensive as possible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 2,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I'd like to get my winders tinted. I think it would go well with my black wheels. But tinted winders would cost me ~$250. And I'm trying to keep this car as inexpensive as possible.
    I'm not so sure about that - down there in the sunny South it makes sense (to me) as one way to keep the car cooler. Imagine all the moooolah you'll save not running your air conditioner as much.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 1,098 Posts
    I barely run my A/C as it is. I like the winders down. Mainly the 2 left winders while moving. Good air movement, no ear buffeting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So I'm not nuts, There never was a red Mirage. Mine is the wine red (ya, right) and my 14 is charcoal. I would love to have a green, or blue. I saw a blue 2017 at the body shop I was at this AM. It was a client car in for work, but they would not say what. It had been detailed and looked new. Wow. Bet they could get $15k for it.

Now, as a ham who might be talking to buddy 12,000 miles away it is mandatory for all windows up, a/c on and fan at 2. Otherwise I may never hear his faint signal. Let me state it again, the climate control cars heat and cool much faster than the manual. The CC has an EIGHT speed fan. In direct head to head tests my 14 cools twice as fast and heats 50% faster. And it has a plugged heater core.

The Mirage has a tiny interior volume. It should heat/cool rapidly like the CC version does. The manual sucks in comparison,
    Ok, so you have simple. Guess what I have? A cooler or warmer car on demand.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)