Thread: Mirage à trois - Atlanta / Southeast

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,108 Posts

Cool Mirage à trois - Atlanta / Southeast

What's that? What's a Mirage à trois you say? Ooooo, that sounds risque!

Mirage à trois = An arrangement in which three cylinders form a sexy yet efficient internal combustion engine, typically a situation involving three (or more) people who come together to express their enthusiasm for said three-cylinder arrangement, and the sheet metal structure "coupled" to and subsequently in which is propelled by said cylinder arrangement.

Let it be therefore defined WHAT it is. Let us now proceed to negotiate and finalize an Atlanta area meetup. This first annual Mirage à trois shall come together on the grounds of the historic Atlanta Motor Speedway!

The Legend
    Some say Takao Kato-san and his minions held a meeting in the wee morning hours at the winner's circle of Atlanta Motor Speedway on September 6th, 2010 immediately following the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race presented by Pennzoil. Kato-san's words were,
    "今日ここにいるこれらのレーシングカーは私のタマを吸います、私たちはもっと良くすることができ ます。
    Kyō koko ni iru korera no rēshingukā wa watashi no Tama o suimasu, watasheetachiha motto yoku suru koto ga dekimasu.."

I don't know what that means, but it is said it was at that meeting the idea was born for a car so competitive, so dominant, yet so inexpensive, that the buying public would have no doubts about its domination (to good to be true scenario), and that it would be named Mirage, in carrying over the Legacy of Mitsubishi's best vehicles built of yesteryear. And so it went...

Announcement
    NOW HEAR THIS! Come (n)one, come all! Well, at least me and 2 others...

I promise to not be as weird in real life as this post! Just big fat and UGLY.

I wanted to wait a bit before I posted this because things going on with my son. But come July 1st, my oldest son will be gone. The younger two remain bleeding me dry (naaaaaw, they're not that bad, they're quite cheap actually).

If we're going to negotiate the first annual Mirage à trois, I guess we need some NOTICE.

I'm hoping to at least have 2 other participants. We can meet in the vicinity of and on a weekend when / where the SCCA Autocross events take place at Atlanta Motor Speedway. And we can watch some of that if we care to. I just looked, there's no Autocross events "scheduled" in July. There is one in August, on Saturday, August 10th - Sunday, August 11th.

So, as a first negotiation, let's TENTAVILY say, Saturday August 10th. We can discuss at what time of the day. I like either the ass-crack of dawn, or late in the afternoon, early evening. As my ghostly white skin doesn't fair well in the sun.

I have no set agenda at this time, let's talk about what we can do, besides drooling at our Mirages...

Last edited by 7milesout; 06-07-2024 at 11:59 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-09-2024),mohammad (06-07-2024),OrganicFoxes (06-11-2024)

Remember your theory that Mirage owners don't know what kind of car they're driving.

Hope you get some interest & have a meet-up.

I have had three impromptu Mirage-a-deux meet-ups in my little town, just because it's little and I keep bumping into the same Mirage owners. (OK, not meet-ups really. Just me asking them how they like their little crap cans.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    MetroMPG - Can you add the " - Atlanta / Southeast", to the main post title? I tried to do that AFTER the fact, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Maybe it will add some clarity to it, and some replies. That's what I get for reading the "how to" after posting.

I may wind up sitting out at the AMS all by myself... I believe Dirk Diggler would join, but he may have already moved, dagnabbit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,859 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Can you add the " - Atlanta / Southeast", to the main post title?
    Done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

7milesout (06-10-2024)

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ah you did make a post about this. Well count me in, an early Aug weekend is perfect since my fall semester starts later in the month.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome. The Atlanta Motor Speedway is so huge (outside of the track, we won't be going in, unless we bring Ninja outfits), you can demo your driving style / rpm control. I've never rode in a CVT hatch.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

OrganicFoxes (06-11-2024)