View Poll Results: Did this forum help you decide to get a Mirage?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

72 70.59%
  • Nope

25 24.51%
  • Maybe... still thinking about the car

5 4.90%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Did this forum influence your decision to get a Mirage? Helped with research?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I did research on the internet just to see what kind of luck people were having with these cars the world over. I had mostly already decided to buy one by the time I came here, but really just wanted to know if the Mirage was going to be reasonably reliable and durable. This forum helped me make my final decision.

I also went to the Spark forum...which is why I didn't buy a Spark!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Price, warranty and MPG is what led me to buy the Mirage. This forum helps me enjoy it more. Thanx Metro.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    What got me looking at the car was 3dplane's fuel log on ecomodder. I had driven a 92 Sentra for 10 k miles, averaging 37 mpg. I just needed something I felt would be reliable for close to 10 years. I need to check my fuse box. Been coming to the forum for months now, had the car less than a month. Very happy with car and forum.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Heck yes this forum was a fantastic resource! I was on the fence until I visited here. My big concern was lack of engine power. Once I realized people were saying they could have used a taller 5th gear I knew this car MUST have enough. Sure enough now that I've driven mine for a month , I love my Mirage, and yes, a taller 5th would have been better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blue5mt For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-27-2015)

Thanks for the feedback, blue5mt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes. I purchased a mirage de 5 speed five days ago.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Throw some pictures on when you have a chance!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm with DonHoot, my wife and I went in search of an economical car that wasn't real expensive, when she saw the Mirage she fell in love with the car. We saw the car when the dealership opened and were bustin' bug butts before dark the same day, in fact we took the car to the bank to get the cash for the purchase. After we got home I went on line to see what we had bought was when I found the forum.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One of the local Mitsubishi dealers had the 2014 lineup strategically placed around a local shopping mall. I saw a blue Mirage sitting outside of Macy's and it just had that "I like it" factor. I read up on it, and REALLY started to like it. I test drove a 2014 DE 5-speed and was sold. I wanted to wait a bit to pay off the car I had (2009 Ford POS, I mean Escape) and do some more research. I read through this forum and noticed that unlike the Spark, the Mirage wasn't an unreliable piece of doo doo. And unlike all the "professional" reviewers, Mirage owners seem to absolutely love them. I stopped at the same dealer (South Park Mitsubishi) that had the cars at the mall the year before, did my best Monty Hall/Wayne Brady, and drove home in a shiny new 2015 Black Mirage DE!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burghbeagle For This Useful Post:

blue5mt (08-21-2015),debburyl (08-21-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Really liked your post!! Too bad you didn't get the Blue one since that's what sold you on the Mirage glad you bought one Anyway

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)