Thread: Article: Embattled Mitsubishi finally finds a little room to run -Dallas Morning News

Article: Embattled Mitsubishi finally finds a little room to run -Dallas Morning News

Name:  logo-dallasnews.png
Views: 337
Size:  5.7 KB

Here's an article that documents the "turnaround" in Mitsubishi USA's fortunes, aided by growing sales of the Mirage and Outlander.

Last month, fueled by the Outlander crossover and Mirage subcompact, Mitsubishi’s sales shot up 47 percent from April 2013. The brand even made Automotive News’ monthly list of winners, ranking third among the five automakers with the largest sales increases.
    The company's recent sales success is starting to put to rest the often repeated rumour that "it's only a matter of time before Mitsu leaves the U.S."

...most analysts now doubt that Mitsubishi will be the next automaker to leave the U.S. — a fairly dramatic change from two years ago.

“They are not a company likely to go away because of a lack of products, like Suzuki,” said Tom Libby, an analyst at IHS Automotive. “They are definitely on an upswing.”
    It also touches on future product plans. The company is holding a dealer conference next month to talk about future vehicles, and the article says that includes...

... a sedan version of the Mirage subcompact hatchback next year
    Read the full article here: http://www.dallasnews.com/business/a...oom-to-run.ece

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (06-08-2014),kerc (05-23-2014),Mikhail (05-23-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We bought our Mirage about a month ago. At that time, my local dealer had the biggest stock on hand. About 6 Mirages, mostly DE. Only one ES with Navigation on the lot.

Today, they have a double line of cars at the front of the lot. All colors. I haven't looked at the specific cars, but I'd guess there is a better mix of trim levels and equipment.

The Service Manager outfitted a couple of the Mirages with custom wheels that really looked nice. He opted for 15" wheels in contrasting colors to the exterior. The Green Mirage color with white wheels really looked nice - although probably a challenge to keep clean.

Looks like at least my local dealer is stocking up to move these cars. Supply is not the issue today it was a month ago.

Our vehicle was on order and we bought it while it was in transit to the dealer. According to two local dealers, there were only two cars in the state that matched our color and equipment choice when we bought ours.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aydu For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-23-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aydu View Post
    We bought our Mirage about a month ago. At that time, my local dealer had the biggest stock on hand. About 6 Mirages, mostly DE. Only one ES with Navigation on the lot.
    This is about the same with the dealership I bought my car from.

Another good sign that mitsu aint going down south is the fact that the dealership I bought the car from is constructing a new showroom/dealership... If that's not a sign that mitsu is staying, IDK what is.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-23-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am starting to see a lot of Mirages on the road. I think once the word starts to get out that the MPG figures are a bit unrealistic, they are going to sell even better.

There is a dealer around here advertising to lease them for $99 a month.

Still not convinced Mitsubishi is going to be around much longer in the US
    Last edited by M-88; 05-23-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi is a huge company with its hands in the pockets of every industry. I cant picture them calling quits. They also just had there best profits ever in there history

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They wont call it quits in the Global market, but I don't see them lasting in the US market.

They are Like Hyundai, Fiji ... They do a ton of things - automotive is just a minor part of it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm seeing more and more Mirages. Just a block away from my house there's two Mirages in a nearby apartment complex.

Not me! I haven't seen a Mirage in the wild for a couple of months. (No Mitsu dealership in my small city though.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They have stated numerious times that they are here for the long haul!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yikes, we're still debating Mitsubishi leaving or staying? Mark my words: Mitsubishi will not leave the U.S. car market.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitsuman For This Useful Post:

grsupercity (05-28-2014),IwantaMirage (06-08-2014)