Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Price war in Canada: base Mirage now $9998 (plus delivery, dealer fees, etc.)

Canoehead - sounds frustrating. I would say don't give up on the Mirage - it's a neat car.

I do wonder if the Nissan dealers have similar additional fees.

Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    quote from mitsu can website! I took this off the site, sorry if not allowed
    Copy/pasting from manufacturers is fine. From other sites is where we can get into copyright problems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Canoehead - sounds frustrating. I would say don't give up on the Mirage - it's a neat car.

I do wonder if the Nissan dealers have similar additional fees.

Copy/pasting from manufacturers is fine. From other sites is where we can get into copyright problems.
    I haven't given up completely, and I left them with my offer that they could accept if they wanted to.

It seems that advertising the low price, as they are now doing, when there is no stock (1 currently in the Province) won't be too effective. I was told it was too late to order another ES in for this production year - so would have to wait until 2015 and of course no rebate for that. My prediction is that there will be a similar rebate on the SE soon as well (each dealer had about 10 of those, and only 1 ES between them). I can't imagine a bait-switch working when the difference is 60%.

Like I said - it just leaves a bad taste, so even though I would have thought $14 was an OK price, I don't want to pay that now. Illogical, maybe, but I like to trust the people I do business with, and the Honda dealer has always been top-notch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Chatter on other forums about the $9998 price (including the obligatory "why don't you just buy a used car?" ...

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/2014-...ncing-1489798/

Also, Mitsu is advertising. Saw this in the newspaper:

Name:  mirage-9998.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  36.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    I haven't given up completely, and I left them with my offer that they could accept if they wanted to.

It seems that advertising the low price, as they are now doing, when there is no stock (1 currently in the Province) won't be too effective. I was told it was too late to order another ES in for this production year - so would have to wait until 2015 and of course no rebate for that. My prediction is that there will be a similar rebate on the SE soon as well (each dealer had about 10 of those, and only 1 ES between them). I can't imagine a bait-switch working when the difference is 60%.

Like I said - it just leaves a bad taste, so even though I would have thought $14 was an OK price, I don't want to pay that now. Illogical, maybe, but I like to trust the people I do business with, and the Honda dealer has always been top-notch.
    I dont know where in Canada platinum Mitsubishi is, but even in America I hear good things about them!

edit: Found it! Seem to have a good selection
    http://www.mitsu.ca/new-inventory/in...ake=Mitsubishi
    Last edited by grsupercity; 06-06-2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: more info

platinum Mitsubishi is, but even in America I hear good things about them!
    Really?

One of their sales staff posted one of the very first YouTube videos about the Mirage coming to North America. He even signed up here, but hasn't posted.

They're in Alberta.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is that a far from where canoehead lives?

Couple of provinces to the west. Far enough.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    Is that a far from where canoehead lives?
    Yes, it is about 14 hours away, but no, in that we all consider ourselves to be the West, or the Prairies. The 14 hour drive, on the trans-Canada highway, is about as boring as motoring can get. Narry a curve or a hill or even a tree to distract. As they said on Canadian TV - "Plenty to see, nothing to block your view!"

I'd consider going to Alberta if there were no other choices, but I expect there would be some paperwork friction (having to pay local sales tax, have it safety inspected locally) and of course I would have to get there (airfare, hotel). In the end, I'm sure it would cost even more, and I'd be back to the local dealer for any warranty service anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    You (North) Americans are so lucky, everything is really cheap over there. Basically for what sells in $$$ there costs the same in GBP in the UK, 68% more.

Rallye Motors in Moncton, NB is advertising the car "from $9,321 or $56 bi-weekly". I just saw a Google ad for it:

Name:  mirage-9321.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  38.2 KB

Their fine print: Price & payment exludes Freight, PDI, fees, HST. 5.98% (on payments).

http://rallyemotors-mitsubishi.ca/