Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talking about the new Smart?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

And with Good looks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Mirage is a Smarter Smart with higher IQ ))

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Mirage is a Smarter Smart with higher IQ ))
    Hey, don't insult the Mirage by calling it a gas guzzling IQ!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Mine is getting 44mpg in town and 48.9 on the hwy. So if your Real Smart you have a Mirage!!! We all got Smart! LOL. LOL
    Got the funds together to finally pull the trigger and make the purchase...now to wait for vacation to roll around and buy the ticket so I can take the ride!!! Gonna get smart soon!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Got the funds together to finally pull the trigger and make the purchase...now to wait for vacation to roll around and buy the ticket so I can take the ride!!! Gonna get smart soon!!
    I bet your very excited!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    I bet your very excited!
    haha, can you tell? Even more excited than the wife who informed me "This is going to be my car"! Gonna be a challenge for her to learn how to drive stick though, but that just means more time spent in the car to teach her! Can't wait to hit the car lot and get that kid in a candy store feeling! Oh, look at all those Skittles! Which one do we choose???

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Smart? OMG! I just don't like their attempt to make the car looks bigger by adding a grille ... not my style ....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There is nothing smart about a smart car ...

Expensive, poor fuel mileage ...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was actually considering a Smart car for a while, until I learned of its horrible gas mileage and price. You're getting half a car for the same price as an economy full size (most I would pay for something like that is $10k) - and then you're telling me it does not even have the Mirage's fuel economy?? You would think a small vehicle like that, with it's engine specs, would get you much better #'s..

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I was actually considering a Smart car for a while, until I learned of its horrible gas mileage and price. You're getting half a car for the same price as an economy full size (most I would pay for something like that is $10k) - and then you're telling me it does not even have the Mirage's fuel economy?? You would think a small vehicle like that, with it's engine specs, would get you much better #'s..

-Charlie-

Glad you researched and made an informed decision! I had a coworker that drove a Smart car and always touted about how great fuel mileage it got and how cheap it was, but often complained that it was a bit on the small side. I asked him how much he paid and what he got for mileage - turns out my focus got better mileage and I paid $4000 less ...

I believe that is the only thing that allows them to sell. People (myself included)think little = good mileage. May not always be the case.

There is one, very specific, use scenario for a smart. That's if you live in the middle of a congested city and there's no space to park a Spark/Mirage/500.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Glad you researched and made an informed decision! I had a coworker that drove a Smart car and always touted about how great fuel mileage it got and how cheap it was, but often complained that it was a bit on the small side. I asked him how much he paid and what he got for mileage - turns out my focus got better mileage and I paid $4000 less ...

I believe that is the only thing that allows them to sell. People (myself included)think little = good mileage. May not always be the case.

There is one, very specific, use scenario for a smart. That's if you live in the middle of a congested city and there's no space to park a Spark/Mirage/500.
    Agreed on all points.

One thing I had glazed over in my intial findings with the Smart Fortwo car..those things are factory turboed??! Lol, guess that makes sense, need some way to make up for the low engine displacement.

Some of the #'s are starting to make more sense now (mpg's, price), but I still feel it's overpriced with disappointing mpg figures, it just happens to make more sense now.

-Charlie-