Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Idle neutral control stops or is prohibited when the TCM and ECM detect that the vehicle is in one of the following conditions.

- Engine coolant temperature and CVT fluid temperature are the specified temperature or more, or the specified temperature or less.
    Sooo...the idle neutral logic never works???

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They are referring to two different temps
    Temp 1 might be 200 or greater
    Temp 2 might be 120 or less
    So between 121 and 199 idle neutral logic works
    The specified temp are two different specified numbers
    Hope this helps, have seen several things that sound confusing in translated manuals. Not sure if the place this info came from was originally English.
    Last edited by A-Aron; 12-20-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    That was the conclusion I came to basically.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    That was the conclusion I came to basically.
    Well, I THINK it works now I notice it quite often. But it might be me. I will try to guess a percentage. Maybe 50% of times (in my experience).

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Morning,, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but my 2018 GT will beep @ me if I try to drive away with the park brake on...

Roger

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-22-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    Well, I THINK it works now I notice it quite often. But it might be me. I will try to guess a percentage. Maybe 50% of times (in my experience).
    Sometimes I'd rather it didn't work...because the neutral idle logic seems to kick in most often just at the moment when I want to accelerate again. And then you have that awkward shift pause.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    Sometimes I'd rather it didn't work...because the neutral idle logic seems to kick in most often just at the moment when I want to accelerate again. And then you have that awkward shift pause.
    Agreed, shifting from "N" to "D" is much quicker than waiting for the neutral idle logic (on the rare occasion all the conditions are met) to engage the CVT into gear. Is it pain to manually put the transmission into neutral at every stop? For me anyway, only for the first couple of days. Now it's just the way I drive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've noted the Idle Neutral Logic will disengage into neutral just BEFORE I've come to a complete stop, and then re-engage into drive right after I have stopped, or as I accelerate if I didn't stop. It makes for a jerky ride; other drivers must think I can't work a clutch properly - and I don't have a clutch.

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've noted the Idle Neutral Logic will disengage into neutral just BEFORE I've come to a complete stop, and then re-engage into drive right after I have stopped, or as I accelerate if I didn't stop. It makes for a jerky ride; other drivers must think I can't work a clutch properly - and I don't have a clutch.
    This. In other cars when I come to a stop I'll ease up on the brake so when you finally stop moving there isn't a whipping effect (think like when you come to a hard stop). In the Mirage, due to the INL when the car comes to a dead stop it'll suddenly buck as it's going back into gear. I also run into this bucking when I'm sitting still at a light but barely holding the brake pedal down to keep the car from rolling, the INL will kick in and out of gear (at which I just have to mash the brake pedal, it's like i'm sitting on a threshold).

I noticed that you can avoid the first issue by coming to a stop in Ds mode on the shifter, which probably just disables INL all together since it's not a normal drive mode.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Morning,, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but my 2018 GT will beep @ me if I try to drive away with the park brake on...

Roger
    That's interesting, a parking-break-is-on beep would be a useful feature on the manual Mirages especially... parking break is an easy thing to forget about, and with a manual you sometimes want it in neutral w the break up to give your busy feet a rest

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)