Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    How many of you signal when leaving a round-about intersection?
    I do it all the time. It's cheap, easy & just plain courteous.

It is helpful to other drivers trying to decide when to jump in the rotary. I don't care for drivers who are too lazy to let others know their intentions - especially at roundabouts.

I wish I could have changed the 3-blinks to 5. My new car cancels the signals automatically when it detects a completed lane change, navigating an intersection, or for highway interchanges. It works pretty good too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

ThunderG (05-30-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My student driver's car (2015 Impala) has the 3 blinks feature, & it's been extremely annoying. Kids will sit there & go back & forth trying to turn them off. I literally have to tell them to leave it in the middle & ignore it. Otherwise, they will sit there & go back & forth between left & right signals.

If used properly, the 3 signal blink is fine for lane changes or existing round-about intersections.

How many of you signal when leaving a round-about intersection?

Technically you should, but I seldom see drivers do it.
    I turned that 3 blink "feature" off on my car. I'm not a fan either. I close my eyes and lay on the horn when exiting round-abouts and traffic circles, I thought that was normal.

I often see people signal right while entering one then leave it on as they drive around to the second or third exit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

ThunderG (05-30-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,107 Posts
    The few roundabouts I see around here are so small that using a blinker would just cause cornfusion. My Lexus can change the number of blinks. I forget how. It's so totally valueless. I know how to hold it to the soft-wall and let it blink as much as I feel is appropriate. I'm the black sheep down in the south. I think I'm the only one who uses their blinker. To me, a car using its blinker makes the car look good. Especially when the blinkers are amber colored. All the brake lights have to work too ... and the license plate lights. The Mirage has some really excellent brake lights. Very bright, nice styling.

I've seen some crashemup videos here lately and saw a black Mirage do a brake check on a semi. Dude had a death wish. I'm not a brake checker. Down here, my 2 pickup trucks are the only pickups that have functioning chimsels. That make mine look mo' bettuh. Even a 2 year old pickup truck will ride around on a burnded out chimsel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,561 Times in 1,486 Posts
    I prefer to jump over roundabouts when I can.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I prefer to jump over roundabouts when I can.

This one is pretty good too Conveniently landed in a cemetery

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-30-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,159 Posts
    I just did approximately 30 round-about intersections tonight, but it was my 15.5-16 year old students doing the driving. 3 different students did about 10 of them each. We have to drive almost an hour to find one! Thus, I take 3 students, & I make it a 3-hour lesson. Fun times!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (06-12-2024),Fummins (05-31-2024)