Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I trade my 2013 CR-Z for a Mirage?

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    I went from a 2004 Ford Mustang, 40th anniversary edition to a Kiwi green Mirage and I've never regretted it. I did sell the stallion via sraigslist and got a pretty sweet deal. What sold me to the Mirage, was the manual transmission and the spartan package of this car. I like functional items and this Mirage was the perfect fit. It's just a car.

I negotiated the out of the door price with the sale's man and after the typical "I have to sell my kid's high school funds' talk I got a satisfying deal. My stand in the haggle was that I did not need a new car and that is was actually unreasonable to buy it.

Good luck. The CRZ should have some fans in craigslist, they are constantly browsing. My Mustang went within one week and two two test drives.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Donut For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (09-11-2014)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    You spent a lot of money and your car is still being new. The CR-Z is a good car as a Mirage I would stick with the current car for at least for 60K miles.

How much is your insurance on the CR-Z and what is the offer on the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The really updated Mirage is coming next fall. Wait for it

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What updates will it have Mikhail?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My insurance is cheap. I dont have an offer for a Mirage yet....was hoping the 4 door would come out soon. I drove a 5 speed Mirage months ago and loved it!!! I also have a 2014 Mini Cooper base model which is a 3 cyl turbo but I dont use that for work....also a very fun car! I love small cars!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IwantaMirage View Post
    What updates will it have Mikhail?
    I think they're referring to the sedan version. From what I understand it's the same car, only in sedan version and with a different front grill area. Personally, I think it looks too much like every other cheap car (particularly the Nissan Versa sedan). I chose the Mirage in part because it's somewhat unique looking, and I prefer hatchbacks. That said, it's good to see Mitsu bringing more cars into the N. American market. I think that's a positive sign for the future. If they keep the price point as low as they have with the Mirage (our local dealership sells CVT DE models w/bluetooth for under $12,000 out the door) they should sell plenty.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is the Mirage sedanName:  image.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  42.8 KB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VespaGoGo For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (09-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by IwantaMirage View Post
    I drove a 5 speed Mirage months ago and loved it!!! I also have a 2014 Mini Cooper base model which is a 3 cyl turbo
    With a paid off CR-Z and a new Mini Cooper, sounds like your decision isn't one based on financial constraints.

If that's the case, what are you waiting for?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have 4 yrs of payments to make on the Mini. What am I waiting for? Im not sure...that is what is so hard....I think the 4 door might be better car for my work and hauling stuff around and I want stick with the Nav due to the fact that Im constantly on the road for my job. Maybe I fear that the new Mirage wont be fun enough? But i really did enjoy the test drive.....seeing so many negative reviews on youtube, I guess my expectations were low...but the Mirage is really a nice driving car...light clutch, took bumps and road imperfections like a big car and great on gas it feels well put together..plus so much more! Maybe I will go test drive a 2015.....any idea when the 4 door will come to the USA?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't get all the negative reviews. I get that it's a cheap car, but it makes no claim to be anything different....and what it does do it does incredibly well. Look at these forums. There are a lot of us here, and many people are running up some good miles on this car. There really aren't any complaints or mass issues that go unresolved. Knowing that, it is amazing to see the same reviewers that bash the mirage say that the Chevy Spark would be a better choice. Interesting in that I've spent time in both. The spark is plagued with known issues that the reviewers overlook. Even the guy that started the most popular Spark forum gave up on the Spark after all the issues. They also claim it has a better ride....wrong. It's very rough over bumps. The mirage and it's soft suspension is amazingly smooth for such a small car.

IMO all the Mirage hate comes from people that lack credibility and/or don't know how to handle a car being exactly what it claims to be.

Also, for those that bash the Mirage for it's 3-banger engine; it is much more fun to drive a slow to the peak of its performance than it is to take a powerful car and lumber it along. It's better to be the person having fun in a Mirafe than the old fart holding up traffic in their corvette.