Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: headlights

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetjim View Post
    In the owner's manual it says they can be aimed but the dealer has to do it.

I'll check this out in the days to come. If I can figure out how to aim them then I'll post up a how to.

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Where do plan to add the Eagle Eye LED lights on your car? I looked for a suitable place on the front but can't find one.

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetjim View Post
    Where do plan to add the Eagle Eye LED lights on your car? I looked for a suitable place on the front but can't find one.
    I've got some black ABS plastic that I bought to make speaker adapters. So I am going to take that and cut a strip about 2" X 6" or so which will be about the same size as one of the openings in the grill. I'll attach it using a couple of L brackets, and the L brackets will attach to the ABS plastic with the Eagle Eye LED lights. I should be able to have about 6 forward facing LED lights this way, and then I am going to mount 3 or 4 of those same LED lights on the air deflectors for the front tires. Since the deflectors are angled slightly to the outside of the car, this will aim the light more at the corners of the car which will be better for low speed dirt road driving when going around corners.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I have no problem at all with lamps. on roads where I need a lot of high beam, I will turn on my fog lamp to help the lower part. But that only happens in French since Dutch highways are very bright. Am using japan's "Type R" 4300k 70W/100W bulb and it gave u really good light. When the bulb broke I will change to HID but until then am very content with the bulbs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    I have no problem at all with lamps. on roads where I need a lot of high beam, I will turn on my fog lamp to help the lower part. But that only happens in French since Dutch highways are very bright. Am using japan's "Type R" 4300k 70W/100W bulb and it gave u really good light. When the bulb broke I will change to HID but until then am very content with the bulbs.
    Be careful with using higher wattage bulbs than stock. It is common for the high wattage bulbs to melt the plastic electric plug due to the higher wattage bulbs drawing more current that the stock wires have a problem supplying. This causes heat to build up, especially around the electrical plug which a lot of times causes the plug to melt.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    Be careful with using higher wattage bulbs than stock. It is common for the high wattage bulbs to melt the plastic electric plug due to the higher wattage bulbs drawing more current that the stock wires have a problem supplying. This causes heat to build up, especially around the electrical plug which a lot of times causes the plug to melt.
    Oh nooooooo .... hmmmm .... but HID delivers a few thousands voltage to the bulb .... isn't it worse?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, the low lights are bright enough, but a little too low; while the high beam is crap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    Oh nooooooo .... hmmmm .... but HID delivers a few thousands voltage to the bulb .... isn't it worse?

The ONLY way to install true HID bulbs is to also install a ballast(the box that you see in pictures in HID kits). The ballast takes the 12 volts and boosts it up a lot, then that power is ran to the bulbs through a different wire harness. A good 35 watt HID kit will pull about 3 amps per bulb but it will put out a LOT more useable light than the stock bulbs. A 55 watt HID kit will pull almost 5 amps per bulb and will be tremendously brighter than stock.

Your 70/100 watt bulbs will pull about 6 amps each on low beam and almost 9 amps on high beam!! YIKES!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I put in the 55 watt 6000k HID Kit with ballasts for the headlights (my stock bulbs were 55 watt)
    I put in the 35 watt 5000k HID Kit with ballasts for the fogs... I wanted a different color note

Both were from DDM Tuning and overall cheaper than buying a both sets of bulbs in Sylvania Silverstars.

And the HID Kits come with a lifetime warranty!

www.ddmtuning.com

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 44.3 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The Mirage low beams are good and the high beams are good. Problem is the lows turn off when the highs come on.
    Try this...
    while driving at night with lights on, pull the dimmer switch and don't release it for a few seconds... in this position both high and low beam are on. The world lights up.
    I would consider a mod that allows both sets to remain on when on high beam

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)