Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US: Mirage reviews from multiple bloggers

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Added another blog review. This one is particularly nasty and full of errors & omissions:

Joyride: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Digital Trends)

I wasn't designed for this market either.
    I'm glad Mitsubishi gambled on the radical idea that not all Americans are retards.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreePot For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreePot View Post
    I wasn't designed for this market either.
    I'm glad Mitsubishi gambled on the radical idea that not all Americans are retards.
    I still find it funny and/or annoying that automotive journalists and enthusiasts used to wish the US market still got cars like this (simple, light, low power/high efficiency cars). All the complaining about not getting the 50mpg cars from Europe, japan, etc. Wishing for a "new" model of a Geo Metro, Ford Festiva, CRX hf, etc from the 80's/90's. Now that one is here and VASTLY superior than those old designs in terms of refinement, creature comforts etc, it gets blasted. I dont get where people compare it to SUV's and cars costing double what the mirage does.

Re the Americans / retards comment, I think the movie Idiocracy is hitting a lot closer to home than it should. There IS definitely truth in comedy.

I think Mitsubishi needs to get the marketing out on this car for reasons to buy it over a Spark or a used car (that is its main competition IMO)
    1) Put some weight into the insane fuel economy - you do one thing really well, make it known!
    2) Very good warranty (this was lacking in my used car options
    3) Point out some of the better creature comforts (climate control, proximity keyfob, bluetooth etc)
    4) Low price ( a $12-15k used car in most cases had around 40k miles in my market , lets face it, thats probably 1/4 of the way through its life)

Sorry for the rant, I just think a lot of people that would be interested in a car like this doesnt even know it exists.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I once had a Ford Festiva that had 12 inch wheels! 14 is huge in comparison. I also owned a 1984 Audi GT coupe that had 14 inch alloys, and at that time that was very sporty! Times change...people are so silly to not like this car due to size of wheels and tires...smaller is better in many ways, cheaper tires, better mpg etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by db1980 View Post
    I really have to laugh at some of these reviews. Things like
    "never seen 14 inch wheels on a roadworthy car" (remember the 70's 80's or 90's? Still plenty of cars around with 13 and 14 inch wheels)
    never considering the car becasue "Im too grown up" and acceleration is throttled (huh? Im sure a lot of the owners of mirages are quite a bit older than this chick...)

push button start on the left side being a deal breaker (wow, I wish problems like this were the biggest issues in my life)

and the complaint about not feeling safe from a texan used to driving SUV's and thinking the car cant keep up with 75mph traffic - I guess I get that, but again, doesnt anyone remember what driving a car built in the 90's or earlier is like? Am I really getting that old?

I get it, a car like this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it really makes me roll my eyes at how spoiled we as Americans have become. Some of these people really need to get out of their bubbles and visit other parts of the world.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IwantaMirage View Post
    I once had a Ford Festiva that had 12 inch wheels! 14 is huge in comparison. I also owned a 1984 Audi GT coupe that had 14 inch alloys, and at that time that was very sporty! Times change...people are so silly to not like this car due to size of wheels and tires...smaller is better in many ways, cheaper tires, better mpg etc.
    I too had a Festiva with 12's - The mirage replaced it.

Yup, I'm still driving a car with 13's (Firefly/Metro).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

another one -- more positive

This one's more positive, and recognizes the car's strengths:

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage: Hybrid-Like MPG for a Bargain

Still, the value cannot be denied. The value overshines any limitations, for sure. This is a great commuter car or a second family car for running errands when a big minivan or SUV just isn’t needed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

I liked the opening lines in this one:

If you ever wanted to get a group of automotive writers angry and upset with you, just say or write the following words: I like the Mitsubishi Mirage.

When I posted a picture of the vehicle and said those very words in a Facebook post, many automotive writers thought I had lost my mind. But I really did like it and began to wonder if I really had lost it or if everyone else missed the point of the Mirage. That’s what I decided to find out.
    Review: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm going to assume this is another blogger. She seems to love it lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTgxBQA9tI4

11. The Following User Says Thank You to empg For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-09-2014)

She seems to love it lol.
    Ha! THERE'S an understatement!

The most interesting thing to me is it sounds from that video like Mitsu has hired a company that is seeking out bloggers to loan the car to them for reviews.

---

Found another one:

The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Is Great For Teenagers