Page 191 of 210 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2098

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    This is a very good pre Covid price IMO

7milesout, you’re right about blue being eye catcher.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/c...604368577.html
    Played around with an idea to make the aforementioned Blueberry looks decent. See below.

Name:  A70F5A28-21D0-4D36-9D57-14EFFF71F16E.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  36.3 KB

Used 17 G4 5MT Black Edition for $6k. 7milesout approved!

Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Never knew the 17 ES manual hatchback can be had in green until now:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/0...ff=share_other
    It looks like a repaint. They were pretty thorough about masking everything off. Zoom in on the stickers on the B-pillar, you can see how it was masked off. And the bolts that hold the dash to the car are painted green.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-02-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It looks like a repaint. They were pretty thorough about masking everything off. Zoom in on the stickers on the B-pillar, you can see how it was masked off. And the bolts that hold the dash to the car are painted green.
    Fummins - (In an "Office Space" kind of voice) I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with ya there. Uhhhhh yeah.

Hahaha - I don't see what you're seeing. Except, what it does look like is the that the front bumper has been repainted. Or replaced and painted. The blue on the bumper is "off" a might. And even the front bumper to the hood gap looks a might large. I'd say it has rear-ended another car.

But a repaint? From green? Naaaaah. I don't think so (I might be wrong). But all the pillars inside are blue too. And it does look like the original blue. Other than that, it is just about the ultimate Mirage. GeeeeeFoe, 3 pedals and manual HVAC. I'd be interested. I wish my son were into 78 hp. But NOOOOO, he wants 298 hp. Ridiculous.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hear you.

I realized that the Gee Fort 5 speed does NOT come with cruise control. Darn. I can’t live without it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ahhhhh crap, you're right. I missed that. I can't live without it either. Cruise control is worth about $10,000 to me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Fummins - (In an "Office Space" kind of voice) I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with ya there. Uhhhhh yeah.

Hahaha - I don't see what you're seeing. Except, what it does look like is the that the front bumper has been repainted. Or replaced and painted. The blue on the bumper is "off" a might. And even the front bumper to the hood gap looks a might large. I'd say it has rear-ended another car.

But a repaint? From green? Naaaaah. I don't think so (I might be wrong). But all the pillars inside are blue too. And it does look like the original blue. Other than that, it is just about the ultimate Mirage. GeeeeeFoe, 3 pedals and manual HVAC. I'd be interested. I wish my son were into 78 hp. But NOOOOO, he wants 298 hp. Ridiculous.
    Try that one more time lol
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...l=1#post151279

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your link is giving me DeJa'Vu.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

Edit - not sure Fummins & you are comparing the same car?

I agree with Fummins on this one. Green was not offered in 2017, and the car being shown was repainted to the green color. I might add they did a very nice job of it.

Fummins has a good eye! The bolts that hold your dash in from the side are not painted on my Mirage or any Mirage for that matter, yet this one has bolts that are painted green. I can also see where the sticker that indicates the date of manufacture has some green paint on the edges of it. This would be a sticker that would have been added after the paint job at the factory.

The fact that the car came up "Pearl White" on their information at first would tell it was that color if you looked up the Vin #.

When Richard asked my top three color choices for a 2017 Mirage, green was not one of the options to pick from! The pink (looks more pink than purple to me) & green Mirage were not passed on to the 2017+ Mirages.

Cruise control didn't become standard for all until 2019. 2018 added Bluetooth controls to the steering wheel. I can pick out a 2017 ES by the steering wheel alone. It's one of the few & maybe only to have nothing extra on it. Not sure about the base 2014-15, however?
    Last edited by Mark; 04-03-2023 at 03:16 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    They list the color as "Pearl White", but that looks green to me! I don't remember a green option in 2017, but that's a 2017+ front bumper.

The pics are a 2017 ES manual interior, too. I can tell by the steering wheel (no buttons on it), and the manual climate control combination along with no backup camera. Backup camera screens became mandated in 2018.
    Is there any consensus why this car was repainted green when everyone knows Wine Red or Blue are the most desirable colors? As a bit of a snob I reject all white/black/grey cars as non entities.

ETA. For all the effort to change the color why not pull the entire interior and fittings and do it right?

I bought a 68 Road Runner in an awful cream color. It looked like baby barf. This was before I knew much about VINS and matching #'s and what not. I went to restore it and it was down to removing the last body panels when I discovered it was the proper RR Orange originally. Same thing with a friends 440 six pack Challenger, painted white over the factory plasma purple. Last example is a 340 Screaming Demon my cousin owned, painted black with Black Sabbath band stuff on it but it was the barf green from the factory.

Why did people buy cars with such garish colors only to cover them up? Of course, I saw more than my share of 318 Chargers painted Petty Blue and the # 43 on them. So maybe that balanced the world?

Funny I never encountered 454 LS6 Chevelles with fake badges, nor bogus Mustangs or Trans Ams. It was only the Mopar crowd that played fast and loose with colors/badges/trims
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 04-03-2023 at 06:04 PM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For whatever reason, the link I was clicking was coming up with a blue G4. I did see the green one, and it did look repainted. And the green does look good on that car.