Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: ETACS tweaks?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Yes, it's push to start. Once the engine is ON, the doors won't respond to the remote. So you can't leave your car running and locked if you need to get something. It's a factory safety setting of Mitsubishi's keyless system.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gajeel View Post
    Yes, it's push to start. Once the engine is ON, the doors won't respond to the remote. So you can't leave your car running and locked if you need to get something. It's a factory safety setting of Mitsubishi's keyless system.
    i believe this applies to all OEM systems even the non-push to start ones. It would be very weird if you were in a running car and some other person with a keyfob was able to unlock and lock your doors while you are driving.

what prevents you from using the mechanical backup key to unlock the door?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    i believe this applies to all OEM systems even the non-push to start ones. It would be very weird if you were in a running car and some other person with a keyfob was able to unlock and lock your doors while you are driving.

what prevents you from using the mechanical backup key to unlock the door?
    I think his issue is that he can't lock the car while it is running. Using the key to manually unlock the car isn't necessary, because the car will not lock in the first place. It's a feature to prevent locking one's keys in the car with the car still running I believe.

I know someone who went to start their vehicle (different brand) to warm it up during the extreme cold at work. They accidentally locked their keys in the car with it running. Someone had to bring them their 2nd set of keys to resolve the issue.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think his issue is that he can't lock the car while it is running. Using the key to manually unlock the car isn't necessary, because the car will not lock in the first place. It's a feature to prevent locking one's keys in the car with the car still running I believe.

I know someone who went to start their vehicle (different brand) to warm it up during the extreme cold at work. They accidentally locked their keys in the car with it running. Someone had to bring them their 2nd set of keys to resolve the issue.
    I don think this can be the case. The car doors can definitely be locked while in park, therefore he should be able to lock the doors then close them or lock it from the outside mechanically.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Does anyone know what the front fog lamp modes mean? I see there is a list of types but I do not understand what they each do.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think i found the answer to my question
    """

Fog lights update:

Option A allows fogs with low beam only (default).
    Option B allows fogs either parking light, low or high beam.

So, amigo jsrd, you can have your fogs without headlights. Congratulations!
    """

Reference: https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...e2/#post275943

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (07-27-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I don think this can be the case. The car doors can definitely be locked while in park, therefore he should be able to lock the doors then close them or lock it from the outside mechanically.
    Mark perfectly explained the default behavior of my door lock system. It won't lock with the engine running using the key remote or the door button. The workarounds to this system requires using the key and hopping back in from the passenger seat.

So my curiosity is tickled seeing someone has posted this as possible on ETACS. But until I hear back from someone, maybe not.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is not true of Mirages sold in the States. They are circumstances where the power locks will automatically unlock when you try to lock the car.

Keep in mind - All Mirages (2014 - current) in the States have come with power locks/remote entry of some type, A/C, power windows (all 4 doors), & a few other things. Since 2019, base models have had things like cruise control, too! A base model Mirage is well-equipped in the States.
    Last edited by Mark; 07-23-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gajeel View Post
    Mark perfectly explained the default behavior of my door lock system. It won't lock with the engine running using the key remote or the door button. The workarounds to this system requires using the key and hopping back in from the passenger seat.

So my curiosity is tickled seeing someone has posted this as possible on ETACS. But until I hear back from someone, maybe not.
    I didn't believe all this the first time I heard it. So I have tested it myself.

Part of this may be related to the key design? For example, I can hand my driving student the chipped key to the Impala I use. Meanwhile I can keep the remote for the car in my pocket. I have no fear of someone locking the key in the car that way. We do stop at times to gas up, take a bathroom break, or whatever.

My 2011 Subaru key is the same. I could hand someone my chipped key & keep the remote entry unit in my pocket. I CANNOT do this with my Mirage. The key & remote entry are all one unit.

On a positive note, I have made an extra chipped key for my Mirage, & the total cost was under $15 (to purchase the blank key, have a hardware store cut it, and program it using the owner's manual instructions).

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I didn't believe all this the first time I heard it. So I have tested it myself.

Part of this may be related to the key design? For example, I can hand my driving student the chipped key to the Impala I use. Meanwhile I can keep the remote for the car in my pocket. I have no fear of someone locking the key in the car that way. We do stop at times to gas up, take a bathroom break, or whatever.

My 2011 Subaru key is the same. I could hand someone my chipped key & keep the remote entry unit in my pocket. I CANNOT do this with my Mirage. The key & remote entry are all one unit.

On a positive note, I have made an extra chipped key for my Mirage, & the total cost was under $15 (to purchase the blank key, have a hardware store cut it, and program it using the owner's manual instructions).
    They had it designed to avoid locking the keys inside accidentally. I have a push start system with FAST key on my Mirage so if I try to lock the doors using the button on the driver's door, it beeps telling me the keys are still inside.

However, this also means I can't lock the car with the engine on even when I have the remote with me. Not sure why would they design it like that if their only purpose was to keep keys from getting locked.

Hopefully someone has an idea about this being disabled in ETACS. I tried meddling with the door lock type (type A and C I think) and so far it only changes the way the doors react. (Type A unlocks all doors on 2nd press, type C unlocks all doors on 1st press).