View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hey guys,

Just bought a 2015 ES Plus on the weekend... I asked for an alignment check to be done before I went to pick it up to ensure
    there were no problems, but of course when I get to the dealership they hadn't done it. I feel like they didn't think it was necessary.

Regardless, I'm going to get a check/adjustment done tomorrow and need to know; what is the best setting for pure mileage? I'm not
    concerned with maximum stability on the highway (as I'll only be going 100km/h tops), just looking for the least rolling resistance.

Thanks, and I'll post back with a printout when I get 'er dun!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post
    Hey guys,

Just bought a 2015 ES Plus on the weekend... I asked for an alignment check to be done before I went to pick it up to ensure
    there were no problems, but of course when I get to the dealership they hadn't done it. I feel like they didn't think it was necessary.

Regardless, I'm going to get a check/adjustment done tomorrow and need to know; what is the best setting for pure mileage? I'm not
    concerned with maximum stability on the highway (as I'll only be going 100km/h tops), just looking for the least rolling resistance.

Thanks, and I'll post back with a printout when I get 'er dun!
    The OEM tires Dunlop Ensaves probably provide the least rolling resistance. Inflate the tires to maximum pressure. If you can keep your speed to 100kph or under you'll get good mileage. Aggressive use of cruise control is a must. Use it as much as you can especially if you have the CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply inuvik!

Definitely will do these things (already rocking it, in fact) but I'm looking for the best alignment spec (camber, toe in, etc.) for the least rolling resistance for when I bring it in. My first thoughts were to just aim for 0 degrees on all, but apparently this isn't correct. Each model car has a different 'ideal' setting due to different suspension geometry's.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    hi fellow GVRD'er and welcome to the forum. I drive a 2014 SE with CVT and since we drive in very similar conditions and on many of the same highways, I can tell you that at 100km/hr you will get insane mileage. I usually drive faster than that, but when I have driven at that speed, i'll hit 4.7 ltr/100km (50 US MPG) quite often, and sometimes even slightly better. like INUVIK wrote, CC is your friend with the CVT.

edit: sorry, didn't really address your tire question. Good luck with that
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Best alignment setting for economy is zero toe all around, but with the rear being non-adjustable, getting that is difficult.

Also, I threw my car on the rack at work, and the right rear toe was 0.59 with the H&Rs on. Took them off, and it's still sitting at 0.21 left, 0.48 right. Definitely out of spec, and now I'll be harassing the dealer until they fix it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Ideal would be 0 camber and 0 toe, but I think the rear minimum toe is .03 (.03-28 from memory). No adjustment possible on the rear axle. Fronts probably toe only, unless one of the strut to knuckle mounting points are slotted to provide camber adjustment.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post
    Hey guys,

Just bought a 2015 ES Plus on the weekend...
    Welcome to the forum, Littlestan! Congrats on the ES Plus -- first one in the forum, I think (that's a Canada-only trim variant, for those who may not know).

If you're going to stick around, feel free to post an introductions thread and a garage entry: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Next one for you MITSUBISHI
    2015 Mirage with 6399 miles on it.
    Name:  150728_0000.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  39.6 KB

This would be about the 16 th Mirage that I personally see on the alignment machine and I am still seeing 100% failure rate on the rear ends!
    Have not seen one yet that is within specs!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

alex16 (07-28-2015),MetroMPG (07-28-2015),R01k (07-28-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I sent Mitsubishi another email regarding this and the dealership that claims they did an alignment on my Mirage..
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm getting the work done late next week and will let everyone know the result of both the handling and alignment re-check. I am doing the alignment re-check at a Firestone franchise and not from the dealer or place the dealer is taking it to.

thanks
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    That's very good news! Please let us know how's the alignment in the new axle.