View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 72 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How much is it to inspect? I think I'm fine but if I wanted to claim the warranty it should be as soon as possible. Also whats the warranty on the axles?

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    How much is it to inspect? I think I'm fine but if I wanted to claim the warranty it should be as soon as possible. Also whats the warranty on the axles?
    My posts are buried in this thread. My suggestion is prepare snail mail letter such as one attached and send to corporate in California,MEMO TO MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA INCORPORATED.doc. Worked for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (03-21-2016),Marklovski (03-21-2016),poorman1 (03-21-2016)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT View Post
    My posts are buried in this thread. My suggestion is prepare snail mail letter such as one attached and send to corporate in California,MEMO TO MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA INCORPORATED.doc. Worked for me.

That is a well put together letter. Short, sweet, and straight to the point with all the needed info. So did they replace your axle for you, and if they did, was the new axle straight and true?
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    That is a well put together letter. Short, sweet, and straight to the point with all the needed info. So did they replace your axle for you, and if they did, was the new axle straight and true?
    Yes they did.Yes it was. See attachment of alignment after new axle. Name:  WHEEL ALIGNMENT 08-28-15.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  89.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish the new axle fixed mine. My new axle was also out of spec. About every 2 or 3 weeks I drop by my local dealership to see if there is any more news or information regarding our rear axles, and tire replacements due to the out of spec alignment. So far there has been no news besides they know this is an issue.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT View Post
    Yes they did.Yes it was. See attachment of alignment after new axle.
    Those look like some pretty good numbers there. I'm curious to know if you have had an alignment check at an independent shop since the repair?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Looks like a new rear axle beam is not too terribly expensive:

Mitsubishi Parts Warehouse: rear axle beam

I'm wondering what it would take to get one to experiment on for aligning?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've got a few days until my 12 month adjustment period is up. Visually, it doesn't appear my rear tires are out of alignment. My car coasts in neutral like no other car I've seen. I've got almost 11k miles on the car, and my original tires are at 7/32 on all 4 tires, inside and out.

That seems like a reasonable amount of tire wear, am I correct? And if I don't seem to be having any issues, and my tires are wearing evenly and not excessively, is there any reason I should bother paying for an alignment?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Those look like some pretty good numbers there. I'm curious to know if you have had an alignment check at an independent shop since the repair?
    I have not; the car road handling/wandering which existed prior to alignment is gone. I am satisfied.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wellswebdesign View Post
    I've got a few days until my 12 month adjustment period is up. Visually, it doesn't appear my rear tires are out of alignment. My car coasts in neutral like no other car I've seen. I've got almost 11k miles on the car, and my original tires are at 7/32 on all 4 tires, inside and out.

That seems like a reasonable amount of tire wear, am I correct? And if I don't seem to be having any issues, and my tires are wearing evenly and not excessively, is there any reason I should bother paying for an alignment?
    I would still get it checked; my cost was zero inside 12 month/12,000 mile adjustment period.