Thread: New Mirage Owner From Cleveland

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New Mirage Owner From Cleveland

Just bought a 2015 Mirage CVT in sapphire blue with the appearance package and so far I really like it. I traded a 2008 Kia Rio for it and scored a great deal. I will post a review in a few more days once I get some more time behind the wheel. My first impressions are that it is amazing on gas. Compared to the Rio that averaged about 24-30 mpg its nice to drive something that pretty much gets 40 with no problem. The interior of the Kia was a class up in materials and finishing but that car could not handle Cleveland roads. The engine and transmission were bulletproof and the body and interior held up great. My problem was the weak suspension components. In the 7 years I had it I had the following repairs... Wheel bearings 2 times, stabilizer links were replaced 3 times and needed to be done again, ball joints were replaced 2 times, front struts and rear shocks were replaced and tires always wore unevenly, tie rod ends were replaced twice as well. All of that on a car that had 72,000 miles when traded. I picked the mirage because of the fact that the suspension was designed for a third world country and I am very impressed so far. It is very mushy around curves but has a very comfortable ride and absorbs bumps better than my Kia did on its best day. I will put more once I drive it more! So far, I can say that the car is much better than the reviews give it credit for.

Last edited by Gnarles2; 04-20-2015 at 01:55 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome Gnarles2, Welcome to our forum, the folks here are friendly and they know things about the Mirage that is really helpful with our everyday use. You might want to get some pics of your prize and get them into your garage. Enjoy your time here the folks are great and friendly.
    Welcome,
    Carl

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! I am sure you will find the quality of this very affordable little car is much better than Kia. A sway bar can add to the enjoyment in the corners! A arm rest can add to the drivers comfort level as well.

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (04-24-2015)