Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've got it

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    Congrats on the new ride! I have had mine for a week and I am still liking it. Totally has more power than I thought by reading the reviews. I had 4 adults in it on Friday night and still got over 40mpg and did not feel sluggish at all.
    I find that my "slow" Mitsubishi Mirage is always having to wait on cars with V6 and V8 engines to get out of the way. I was stuck behind a Lotus the other day. A Lotus. How can you live with yourself if you have a beautiful and fast car like a Lotus and you can't get it over 35 mph??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is so true. I did not even purchase my car for the gas mileage. I got it because I liked the way that it looked and I want to customize it. The gas mileage is just a bonus. I have always loved small cars. I even had a Smart Fortwo. I loved that car, but I had to trade it for a minivan for my small business. When it was time to trade in the other car, I almost went with a smart again but I really liked the Mirage. It really reminds me of my first new car. 1997 Hyundai Accent.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Miragefest in Ottawa

Wasversa: I went through Ottawa yesterday on my way to TopKarting in Gatineau... and saw THREE Mirages in the wild. That's the most I've ever seen in one day.

Strawboss also lives in Ottawa with a Kiwi green CVT

Gatorleg lives in Ottawa too, with a grey CVT ... but that's Ottawa, Illinois.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Post A more thourough review and why I chose a mirage

Okay I'll start with what led me to the Mirage. Although I could afford a bigger more expensive car I'm basically a cheap ******* who hates to waste money. That being said when I stateed looking for a new car I set my budjet at $14000 to $18000 Can. My necessary creature comforts had to be met within that price range. AC, power windows, power doorlocks reasonably comfortable ride,and style. So lets start with the Spark, too boxy Mazda 2 too expensive, Accent just didn't like it. That left the Versa the micra and the Mirage. The versa equipped the way I wanted it was at the top end of the budget. I test drove the Micra, Its a nice car good power and handling but like a lot of the cars in this category it has the jelly bean look to it, also any other color than red costs more. Next I test drove the Mirage bothe the five speed and the CVT. I actually prefered the CVT which odd for someone who has mostly driven sticks most of his life. I'm rambling a bit here but in the end the Mirage offered me the most value for my money I got more than my minimun and stayed within my budjet.
    Now for my impressions of my purchase after close to a week of driving it. The ride, more comfortable than I expected,I think this has to do with the fact that it's sprung more softly, yes I know the proffessional car reviewers out there hate this but I like the way it feels on my backside. Next, acceleration I'm pleasantly surprised by it. No problems merging or on the highway, I commute 55Km. one way per day so it gives me ample opportunity to test it. Fuel economy appears to be within the the accepted amounts, although I haven't started logging it, thats coming. Style, here I'm biased I think its the best looking small car out there.
    Okay we got the good stuff out of the way, in term of the bads they are minimal so far. They could have spent 50 cents more and given us something far better.And why no vanity mirror on the passenger's side. Now I'm going to have to find a stick on one to satisfy my wife. My other concern is the steering not auto centering, but from what I've read in other post this seems to get better with a bit of mileage on the car,I guess we'll see.
    So I'd have to say at this point i'm very happy with my new Infrared Mirage Se

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wasversa For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (04-29-2015),Daox (04-29-2015),debburyl (04-29-2015),Gnarles2 (04-29-2015),ThunderG (04-29-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Great post !!! I didn't like the spark at all !!the front end was the worse!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Congrats ! If we bought a MIRAGE it would be a tough choice of the Sapphire Blue or Infrared . Another reason to wait on a purchase .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Saphire Blue is really Nice. I think it's better then red because red has a tendency of fade.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  90.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  90.2 KB
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

wasversa (04-30-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    wasversa, I rotated your picture for you so maybe you can re-post the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cchataway; 05-05-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Cchataway I'll have to see how to do that,it was annoying me too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    wasversa what kind of PC do you use, Mac or Windows? If you put the pic onto your desktop then double click it to open across the top or bottom of your picture you should see a box with a curved arrow, if you put your pointer on the icon you should see the word 'ROTATE' just click the icon as many times as needed to up-right the picture then go to "FILE" and "SAVE AS" choose desktop and you are done then once you have the picture sent to where ever you're sending it either delete it or make a folder and drag and drop or right click and copy then paste into your folder then delete the pic from your desktop to keep a clean desktop. Too many icons or items on your desktop uses memory and actually will slow your computer down.