Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about due for 7500 mile oil change

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

about due for 7500 mile oil change

And no oil consumption.
    I've asked about before and the general consensus is, (so far), Mirage doesn't consume enough oil between changes to warrant adding any. Which is nice.
    How is everyone doing at 20-30k miles or more, still not having to add oil between changes? If so, in my opinion, Mitsubishi has again manufactured an exceptional engine. I have an '81 4 cyl and it uses virtually no oil at 70k miles.
    Thought I'd bring this up again since I'm sure that there are now lots of '14 up Mirage's approaching 20k miles or more. Hope they are all holding up well.
    Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    And no oil consumption.
    I've asked about before and the general consensus is, (so far), Mirage doesn't consume enough oil between changes to warrant adding any. Which is nice.
    How is everyone doing at 20-30k miles or more, still not having to add oil between changes? If so, in my opinion, Mitsubishi has again manufactured an exceptional engine. I have an '81 4 cyl and it uses virtually no oil at 70k miles.
    Thought I'd bring this up again since I'm sure that there are now lots of '14 up Mirage's approaching 20k miles or more. Hope they are all holding up well.
    Thanks!
    Getting close to 15k maintenance. Have found engine uses very little oil, no need to add between 7500 mile interval changes. Used Mobil 1 and OEM filter.
    Everyone having the same result?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Getting close to 15k maintenance. Have found engine uses very little oil, no need to add between 7500 mile interval changes. Used Mobil 1 and OEM filter.
    Everyone having the same result?
    My '15 Mirage has 28,800 miles on it and I've never had to add oil to it, I wouldn't expect to be adding oil with low miles unless its leaking.. I've done every single oil change on mine, I use mobile 1 extended performance with the oem filter from the dealer like you mentioned, I do make sure to get a new drain plug washer cuz without it, it will leak

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bkessinger1109 View Post
    My '15 Mirage has 28,800 miles on it and I've never had to add oil to it, I wouldn't expect to be adding oil with low miles unless its leaking.. I've done every single oil change on mine, I use mobile 1 extended performance with the oem filter from the dealer like you mentioned, I do make sure to get a new drain plug washer cuz without it, it will leak
    Thanks! Yes, I do the same, new washer every time. Bought a pack of them when I did the first change. It's cheap insurance. I prefer to change my own oil also because it's easy and I know that a critical service gets done right.
    Sounds like you are enjoying your Mirage w/28k. I'd have more miles but we had a lot of snow and ice and I drive a 4wd pickup when it's really bad (like most of Feb & March of this year). I drive mine mainly back & forth to work but have started driving it even on weekends, the mpg is great and it's a lot of fun.
    Thanks again for the reply.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've added 1/2 quart twice between 2 oil changes, @ 5K intervals.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Just about 4k on mine. It might be down a cup (maybe). Nothing to be concerned about. Going to use Eneos 0W20 synthetic when I change at 5k. It's available in a 4 quart container..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just checked mine - close to 7k on the oil and it shows exactly what it did when I changed it (top hole on stick). Has used no significant amount of oil from 7500 miles to 14k, not enough to measure. Amazing little motors!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Never had the need to add to mine. 7k intervals.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    About 22k on mine. My engine used no oil, then used some, now uses very little.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks! Yes, I do the same, new washer every time. Bought a pack of them when I did the first change. It's cheap insurance. I prefer to change my own oil also because it's easy and I know that a critical service gets done right.
    Sounds like you are enjoying your Mirage w/28k. I'd have more miles but we had a lot of snow and ice and I drive a 4wd pickup when it's really bad (like most of Feb & March of this year). I drive mine mainly back & forth to work but have started driving it even on weekends, the mpg is great and it's a lot of fun.
    Thanks again for the reply.
    Where'd you buy the washers from? Part #? I bought a pack of 10 from Rockauto of the crush type. Would love to know of alternatives.

-Charlie-