Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Before I trade my CVT for a manual can anyone offer any advice???

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think you would enjoy driving the manual more. I also think you can negotiate a better deal than that for the trade with so few Kms on the CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ive always heard that the manual did better on mpg,s then a Automatic .the mirage was the Frist time I've ever heard of a cvt automatic getting better then a stick.you must have your mirage paid down on your payoff. Because it's like me I whanted the ES model and I tryed to trade my De for a ES . And they would only give me about 8,000 for mine with 7,000 miles on it. So I upside down in my mirage to where I would have to put a lot of money down to trade mine in. So I'm just going to be happy with mine and put as much add on,s as I can and just pay for mine.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BecauseRaceCar View Post
    I think you would enjoy driving the manual more. I also think you can negotiate a better deal than that for the trade with so few Kms on the CVT.
    Taking another $1000 hit on top of the fact that I paid $1200 extra for the CVT is certainly a move that shouldn't be taken lightly but, if I do a trade in I'm not sure I could do better. I paid $15050 Cdn out the door (all in) for my new 2014 SE CVT. Any deal I make on a trade-in undoubtedly factors in the very good price I got in the first place.
    Last edited by nternal1; 05-11-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Is this a fair offer?

The dealer has offered to take my 2014 SE CVT with 1500km on it + $1000 for a new 2014 SE MT. I've never done a trade before so I'm not really sure what is fair. One thing I suspect is that it would be very hard to sell my virtually new SE CVT and then negotiate the purchase of a new (same year) SE MT with only the proceeds of the sale. It strikes me that an additional $1000 seems fair in light of the fact that my car is now used and I wouldn't have to go through the song and dance of selling. I would be losing $1000 + $1200 (that I paid extra for the CVT). Does anyone else think I should be able to do better?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nternal,,,, question? Is the manual Brand New with zero miles on it? What is he asking for it? So what he's willing to give you for yours ?are you upside down in yours? Because what they do is they give you a lot less for your car and then they tack on the rest on top of the car you will be getting .thats what they told me . I can't trade mine for a ES unless I have about 5 to 8 grand down. Because I had some Negitive equity tacked on top of mine. So I'm stuck with my DE. So make sure your not over your head in the manual , make sure it's worth it in the long run.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I paid cash for mine so it's all paid for. The one I'd be trading for is new (probably has 20 km on it from sitting in the lot and being taken out once or twice). The dealer will take mine plus $1000 CDN (which is about $800 USD).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well it's really nice to be able to pay for a car cash.so will you owe for the manual? If not. Then I would decide which one I would be more happier driving. If you do a lot of city driving a Cvt is better because you don't have to shift. But the manual you'll be doing a lot of shifting,and you'll get tired of that after a while. For me maybe it's my age? I've been driving for a long time. But my work car is a manual and the only reason why I got that is because I bought it not know how it ran or if the trans was good. But I knew manuals never go out except the clutch
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    $1000 + a/c tax + tire tax + document fee + ? + GST + PST = the actual difference.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiMi View Post
    $1000 + a/c tax + tire tax + document fee + ? + GST + PST = the actual difference.
    Nope... I would give the dealer my car and $1000. Nothing more.

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Well it's really nice to be able to pay for a car cash.so will you owe for the manual? If not. Then I would decide which one I would be more happier driving. If you do a lot of city driving a Cvt is better because you don't have to shift. But the manual you'll be doing a lot of shifting,and you'll get tired of that after a while. For me maybe it's my age? I've been driving for a long time. But my work car is a manual and the only reason why I got that is because I bought it not know how it ran or if the trans was good. But I knew manuals never go out except the clutch
    I've been driving a Geo Metro 5 speed for the last 20 years. Driving a manual is not a problem for me. In fact I probably prefer it since the cars full performanced potential is easier to access when necessary.