Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consumer reports is foolish!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    looking forward to the video of you turning the mirage around inside of your garage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Amen to that!!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I fully agree!!!! They act like the Only Cheep car is the mirage! How stupid is that? As if the other cars arnt cheep? Their cheaply made But have a Very HIGH Price!!!! After paying there High price and wait untill they wreck the car and they will see how cheaply made it is. Like the Subaru commercial of the destroyed Subaru and all the guy says is they lived? Every car the person would of Ben crippled for life. That's not a sale to me

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Liked your post!! I think this forum is a asset to the Mirage !! I'm the same way. When I test drove the mirage all my Negitive thoughts disappeared!!! I was amazed how fast it could go with all the weight I had in it. And I had No problem going over the speed limit. Today's people are bent on SPEED!! If the car doesn't Burn rubber from the stop sign, they are turned off. And then they wonder why they don't get good MPG,s and why there's so many Accidents!! I'm a driver by trade been driving in the Pacific Northwest for my job for over 23 yrs and i see at least 5 rear end accidents everyday! And I'm sure my number is really low if I saw all of them just in One day. And it's all involving speed and not paying attention! So having the mirage keeps me paying attention and keeping my speed down
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    looking forward to the video of you turning the mirage around inside of your garage!
    heh...I read his post and thought " what a cool video that would make! ". So, with my son filming, I tried this in my 20x20 garage. No luck, it took a 5 point turn. Still, would not have been possible at all in my Cadillac. I must clean out my 24x36 garage and give it a try.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JimInMichigan For This Useful Post:

fatcat (05-23-2015)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I worked in the consumer electronics business 30+ years ago, and customers would bring a copy of 'Consumer Reports' with them and ask questions. Then they would argue our shop recommendations because 'Consumer Reports' rates (whatever brand) as a best buy. However, Consumer Reports weren't the ones fixing the turds.
    They recommended some real feature packed junk. Trust your tech, mechanic, etc.
    One of the biggest pieces of crap I owned was a (great performing) 1985 5.0L Mustang GT. Plagued with issues when less than two years old: rust, paint peeling, intermittent electrical stuff, failed heater core, collapsed pressure plate, etc. But it ran great.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's why it Doesn't pay to Base your decisions on the consumer reports!! They act like a Big Know it all!!!! There's Junk in every Auto out there!!! Even on Fords! I detest talking to auto parts guys,or the diffrent Auto Dealers or Mech,s because they are very Bias! And act like they Know Everything !!! So it pays to try the car for your selve. Even if mr Jones next Door don't have a Mirage! I love my Mirage and I've had a lot of people say how nice and cute my car is.
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Mitsubishi is an excellent product if you want a reliable, inexpensive car. KIA doesn't compare (I test drove one, hard riding and several thousand more). Not as much fun to drive, either. 37mpg, I think. For $4k more? No way. Honda was even more $. For worse mpg? Again, why? And Fiesta, rated higher (but don't mind the extra cost, and transmission seal failures). Again, no way.
    I decided to not worry about the little stone chips that my car has picked up, guessing soft paint. They all apparently have minor issues. I'll put up with it because I like the Mitsubishi, like you said debburyl. Just a good little inexpensive car, fits the need perfectly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well guys and girls maybe the word "literally" was the wrong word to use on the statement about turning the Mirage around inside my garage. I have a three car garage but like Jim said I would have to clean the garage out to attempt that, and that would be a half to three quarters of a day job . . . No thank you. I'll try to be more word specific in the future.