Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oil Coolers, Temperature, Gauges

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    LOL... I say that to my wife all the time...

Yes...that's the one. There are other devices that do the same thing. Some can even display more info at one time. Check out Eggman's post earlier in this thread for the device he uses.
    Yea i checked out that one but i don't want to have to use my phone to see what's going on . I'd rather have one that i can put near the dash with some Velcro.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    ...I'd rather have one that i can put near the dash with some Velcro.
    That's what I prefer. I just wanted to make sure you knew there were other options out there.

I have run a ScanGauge in my cars since the late '90s. The Velcro mounts generally don't hold up...especially in the Florida heat. Check out the solution Doax cam up with here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That's what I prefer. I just wanted to make sure you knew there were other options out there.

I have run a ScanGauge in my cars since the late '90s. The Velcro mounts generally don't hold up...especially in the Florida heat. Check out the solution Doax cam up with here.
    Yea i have a big roll of 3M double sided tape that i can use. Does your ScanGauge monitor oil temp and pressure? I looked on their web site but it doesn't look like it does.
    Last edited by FloridaG4; 08-23-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    Does your ScanGauge monitor oil temp and pressure? I looked on their web site but it doesn't look like it does.
    Unfortunately no. Unless a sensor is an input to the vehicle's computer, it's not going to show up on a Scangauge. Most cars don't have an oil pressure sending unit feeding the computer. What they have is more of an on/off switch that says "yes/no" for oil pressure. It's basically what turns off the oil light on your dash after the car is started and a reasonable amount of oil pressure is measured. Believe it or not, most vehicle computers don't care about oil pressure or temperature.

ScanGauge has the ability to tap into some things (like transmission fluid temp on an automatic)...but I don't think there's an easy way to get oil pressure readings. Some of the other functions people have tapped into can be seen at the link below...

https://www.scangauge.com/support/x-...ds/mitsubishi/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ordered the ScanGauge and should be here Friday. I like that i can move it from vehicle to vehicle and see what each vehicle is doing while driving.

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I installed ultragauge on the obd2 port on mine and been using it for 5 years already. You can customize every page on what engine parameters you want to monitor.

Attached Images Attached Images