Thread: Maintenance Period

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Maintenance Period

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum site and I hope I can get help or suggestions.

I own a Mirage GLX(Philippines Spec), I wonder if I should go back to the dealer every time the maintenance icon (the wrench icon) in the dashboard pops-up. I still have less than 5000km mileage, 3.1k km mileage to be exact and I feel still in good running condition. I'm a bit worries because I am planning on a bit long trip at the end of the month and I dont wanna end up getting stalled and pulling my car all the way back to Manila. Thanks for the suggestions and help in advance.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Salanguit View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum site and I hope I can get help or suggestions.

I own a Mirage GLX(Philippines Spec), I wonder if I should go back to the dealer every time the maintenance icon (the wrench icon) in the dashboard pops-up. I still have less than 5000km mileage, 3.1k km mileage to be exact and I feel still in good running condition. I'm a bit worries because I am planning on a bit long trip at the end of the month and I dont wanna end up getting stalled and pulling my car all the way back to Manila. Thanks for the suggestions and help in advance.
    The dealer probably set the maintenance to schedule 1 which would trigger the wrench after 3 months or 6000km. Due to the heat and humidity there in the Philippines it's probably rated as "Severe Service". If you've been checking oil levels and everything is ok then you're probably fine to wait until the 6000 km oil change (3750 miles). But if you've been sitting in a lot of traffic, stop and go then you could have them check. Obviously you timed out before you reached the mileage trigger.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot. I really seldom use the car. Yes, traffic here in Manila is chaotic, but I've been on a "stop n' go" situation like 6 times from the last maintenance period(first 1000km in this region). Does it really affect the engine to have that icon pops up short of the next maintenance period? Do you suggest any settings for it? Never thought it could be changed. Everything is okay, like the oil level, no other icon is lit up, just that wrench. I also have the impression of maybe the driving also affect, as I am a clutch driver, and my clutch setting is a bit too high to engage. Never have it adjusted since then. Any output from you would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance again.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot. I really seldom use the car. Yes, traffic here in Manila is chaotic, but I've been on a "stop n' go" situation like 6 times from the last maintenance period(first 1000km in this region). Does it really affect the engine to have that icon pops up short of the next maintenance period? Do you suggest any settings for it? Never thought it could be changed. Everything is okay, like the oil level, no other icon is lit up, just that wrench. I also have the impression of maybe the driving also affect, as I am a clutch driver, and my clutch setting is a bit too high to engage. Never have it adjusted since then. Any output from you would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance again.
    No, it's a either or maintenance icon. The Mirage doesn't have a oil quality monitor. It's just a static setting that will pop up based upon the setting. In your case it is most likely set to schedule 1 which will activate the wrench symbol upon 6000km's or 3 months, whichever comes first. The owners manual describes how to reset it. The clutch is easy to adjust. There is a step by step how to here on the forum.

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...age-Space-Star

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-14-2015)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Oh thanks man..... I'll check it out. I understand now how the icon works. Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh thanks man..... I'll check it out. I understand now how the icon works. Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain it.
    No problem! Anytime, we're a pretty helpful bunch around here I like to think.