Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video: Mirage with magnaflow muffler

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know of anywhere to get a glass-pack smaller than 2" in diameter. If it is buzzy one could always put the factory resonator back on in it's original position.

I am waiting for my car to reach the one year mark before I do any intake/ exhaust modifications so I won't know for another 5 months how it will sound.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't ask me how I know but summit and Amazon have a tractor muffler that's 1.5. Same as a glass pack.
    Walker 21035

3. The Following User Says Thank You to silverstreak For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-10-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstreak View Post
    Don't ask me how I know but summit and Amazon have a tractor muffler that's 1.5. Same as a glass pack.
    Walker 21035
    Great info! Looks like the length is 36" with the long exhaust stack. I haven't crawled underneath to see how much room there is to put a muffler. It looks like you should be able to cut about 8" off. Can you squeeze 28 or so inches in straight length for this muffler?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When you look in the center of a glass pack muffler, if it has ridges on the inner walls that will catch your finger if you put it in the muffler then they will not flow good and will decrease the power over the stock muffler. This is due to turbulence. But if the inner walls are smooth then it will increase flow but it will also be a lot louder.

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.