Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage confirmed new information

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    < I may be buying the first white 2017 GT that hits the dealers lot if rumors pan out. :P

Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    I wonder what sort of price point we'll be looking at?
    Good question indeed. That's one thing about the Mirage that was such a draw for me. I could and have spent a bunch more money on a new car but I purposely chose the Mirage because total cost per mile was the lowest. Look at all the awesome mods you've done laceygirl. You've been able to customize your Mirage extensively and your total cost really isn't that much. If the new "improved" Mirage is thousands more now you're directly competing against Toyota & Honda. Just my 2 cents.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (10-03-2015),laceygirl (10-03-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thank you Inuvik, I think if I upgrade the suspension and wheels and tyres, mine will be on par with the new release...lol.. :-) Just need the bigger motor, depending on what they decide to go with... And yes, over all I haven't spent very much on the upgrades, close to $1000 including labour, but I haven't done the expensive parts yet.... The biggest outlay was the Sat Nav, and the next big outlay is the rear taillights.... Coilovers and tyres will of course be expensive... Not sure if I want to outlay that amount of cash, when the new one is being released...

What to do what to do???? This will be my sons car, so I might let him upgrade the suspension and tyres....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I'm hoping they don't drop the 3A92 from the line up. In all actuality I was hoping for a rear axle fix, a little stiffer suspension. I would have really like to have seen the 1.0 liter offered on the base model with the 5 speed.
    Well I wanted to record the whole conference but, I dont know if was allowed. They at no point said it was internal information or made me sign a nda so I assumed it was ok to post it up.
    They mentioned 3 trim levels so maybe 3 option choices. I really didnt find the 2.0 that great of a choice. I mean if the gt is gonna be priced around a fiesta st it needs to muster up around another 40 more ponies out of the 4b11 na which I dont see happening.

I also think the lancer refresh needed to be more drastic. It now includes a spoiler on every model from my understanding tho and daytime running lights.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    I wonder what sort of price point we'll be looking at?
    Starting at about the same price or exactly the same price.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sounds like feature creep.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mirage will one day end up being a mid-sized SUV ... just like the Civic crept from being a subcompact to a compact over time.

5, maybe 10 years from now, after the Mirage grows "fat", maybe Mitsubishi will reintroduce a new subcompact hatch.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cookiemonster For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Sounds like feature creep.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mirage will one day end up being a mid-sized SUV ... just like the Civic crept from being a subcompact to a compact over time.

5, maybe 10 years from now, after the Mirage grows "fat", maybe Mitsubishi will reintroduce a new subcompact hatch.
    Completely agree, but it sounds like the Mirage is putting on a lot of "fat" right now. Why buy a Mirage over a Sonic or a Corolla now?

Cars that have 150 hp, weigh 2600 pounds, get 29 mpg, and cost $18,000 are all over the place. I fear Mitsu may be killing their Golden Goose.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Personally, I agree with you Cobrajet. Unfortunately, the sales numbers don't. If this model was so popular, it would be selling much better. I've been watching inventory at my local dealerships and they aren't moving much. Maybe it's just a local thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Personally, I agree with you Cobrajet. Unfortunately, the sales numbers don't. If this model was so popular, it would be selling much better. I've been watching inventory at my local dealerships and they aren't moving much. Maybe it's just a local thing.
    The car has sold extremely well...by Mitsubishi standards. But it is a niche car, and they likely aren't going to fly off the lot hours or days after coming off of the truck. This is precisely why so much effort has been put into the '17 model, and is also why the '16 model was skipped.

Mitsubishi is "striking while the iron is hot". I just fear that they may be changing too much of what made this car a strong seller in the first place.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-03-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I love my Mirage... I mean really love it, I find it an absolute pleasure to drive... Any improvements, and I believe they will be slight, not sweeping, that's not Mitsubishis style, will be welcomed.... But are they slowly turning it into a Lancer maybe???

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to laceygirl For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The car has sold extremely well...by Mitsubishi standards. But it is a niche car, and they likely aren't going to fly off the lot hours or days after coming off of the truck. This is precisely why so much effort has been put into the '17 model, and is also why the '16 model was skipped.

Mitsubishi is "striking while the iron is hot". I just fear that they may be changing too much of what made this car a strong seller in the first place.
    I agree. Gas is cheap right now and the Mirage is still selling moderately well with basically zero marketing. I'm sure everyone here is aware how volatile the entire Middle East is these days. It seems the whole region is headed for a meltdown. When that happens Mitsubishi could sell every Mirage they could make in it's current form because once oil supply disruptions begin no one will care how the car handles or it's 0-60 time. What they will care about is 45+ mpg

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Kineo (02-10-2016)