Thread: Fuel log

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Question Fuel log

Sorry for my ignorance... i wanted to monitor my FC and i tried to add in the fuel log section because it asks for the distance since last fill? the problem is i cant remeber? how do i go about this? do i have to wait again for another fill up before i could put the logs in? hehehe noob here👌

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Yup I get the receipt or take a photo at the pump when I'm fuelling up... Its also great to reset your trip meter when you refill... The trip meter is on your speedo, you just push the button to A or B and hold it in to reset it to zero and when you refil, you check it, make a note of it, and reset it..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laceygirl For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (10-09-2015)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Simplest way is to write down your current odometer mileage on the receipt. Subtract that from the previous receipt reading to get the distance traveled. Divide by the fuel consumed and you have your mpg. Everything you need is then on the reciept and you have a permanent record as long as you save the reciepts.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (10-17-2015)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    @old_mechanic
    does our mirage odo reads as Miles? or Kilometers?

i did what you instructed cureent odo reading less previous odo reading divide by fuel comsumed. i got 10/km
    but how come in the fuel logs its different cant seem to get it correctly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe what you are doing is recording the total km driven on the vehicle (the odometer), rather than the km for that particular fill. What you are doing now results in fuel economy that is simply way too high. Your log entries show a lifetime fuel economy of 140.9 km per liter or .7 liter per 100 km. What you need to do is delete the two entries you have made. When you fill up the next time just enter the km driven since you last filled up and the quantity of fuel put in the tank into the fuel economy log.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (10-17-2015)