Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Leather steering wheel wear

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have 38k on my car, bought it new in April of '15. My wheel looks fine, however my shift knob on the other hand looks 10 years old already haha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Mine still looks good after 42k, as does the shifter. As I said at 28k, they are worn 'shiny', but are not flaking at all. You might have just gotten a bad one.

The Weathertechs I installed when the car had a couple thousand miles on it have held up very well over 42k delivery miles, and I'll bet I get in and out of my car at least as much as you do Uber-ing. Plus, I'm wearing US-issue combat boots! Some inconsequential surface wear, but nothing even approaching actual holes.

Sorry to hear the factory slush mats weren't as durable as we'd all hoped they'd be.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Mine still looks good after 42k, as does the shifter. As I said at 28k, they are worn 'shiny', but are not flaking at all. You might have just gotten a bad one.

The Weathertechs I installed when the car had a couple thousand miles on it have held up very well over 42k delivery miles, and I'll bet I get in and out of my car at least as much as you do Uber-ing. Plus, I'm wearing US-issue combat boots! Some inconsequential surface wear, but nothing even approaching actual holes.

Sorry to hear the factory slush mats weren't as durable as we'd all hoped they'd be.
    My right hand is always on the shifter.. I love to row gears.. always have. Besides.. with the mirage you need to flog the thing to get going.. Still surprises me tho that I can break traction from a stop, mildly launching.. even with my upgraded heavier 15x6 wheels. Although slow, I'm still amazed at how it can move with only 74hp.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My factory mats are not holding up either haha. 1000-1400 miles weekly

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  97.2 KB
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-16-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got a call from Mitsu. They said its going to be exchanged under warranty. woo!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowtuy For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-27-2016),inuvik (07-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! My dealer never called me back
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Same problem. I only have 8000km on my 2015 and the leather is flaking off at the top center. I have it in for its first service and they are going to send in pictures to Corp. The leather in our 2 year old Lancer still looks new.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 53.4 mpg (US) ... 22.7 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine is much better now. All the cheap paint or coating has peeled off. It feels like a very low quality leather or synthetic leather. The flaking phase is the worst, gets on your hands, clothes, floor.