Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
That's weird. Wonder why that is? Maybe to stop people like myself that run studded tires year round
I am sure that's it. People like you ruin it for the rest of us!

"Metal studs are prohibited in 11 states: Alabama, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Texas, and Wisconsin (some of these states allow tires with rubber studs; Maryland allows studs only in certain counties)."

Look at the U.S. map on the source below. Makes no sense to me? Metal studs are legal in a state like Georgia, but not Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Michigan.

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/...d-winter-tires

Dec 6, 2018 - "Many drivers know winter tires are their best option for grip and slip in wintry conditions. Yet most drivers don't care. A recent study by Michelin found that 72 percent of people who live in the Midwest agree that tires should be changed in winter, yet 80 percent of those people don't bother to do it."

Does that make people in the Midwest appear cheap, lazy, or not very bright? Not sure?

I just know metal studs are not an option for where I drive, & I am surrounded by states where they aren't legal either.