Thread: Rival Autosport CAI/SRI

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    I have a personal beef with speedlab because they claim aftermarket exhaust to make the motor lose power which is absolute bull**** and shows me that they slapped together one exhaust, saw a power loss, and decided to quit trying. They also claim most shops don't use a dyno which is why we don't know about the power loss, all I can say is look at any name brand company, not only do they use a dyno they usually show you the fkn graph from said dyno showing what power it makes (granted, sometimes that power is tuned not just slap on). Most of those name brands haven't tackled the mirage, either because it isn't popular enough, or they don't see them making a profit from it. Which leaves companies like speedlab who are less known (never heard of them until I came to THIS forum) who may or may not know what they are doing. As far as I am concerned, they aren't worth my money.

So if you, as a company, are going to try things out, all I can suggest is following the correct methodology of trying more than once to make an outstanding part like every other company does. Trial and error. And hopefully you will get more business than speed lab. Hell, if a company made a damn good product, the bigger companies may just jump in on the sale, which means more selection, which means more support for the mirage in the long run. So I hope you do some out with some nasty good stuff
    Don't worry about me, I know what I'm doing. But the bulge in the intake works for one reason: it creates a vacuum, which is why I used them as an example. They may not have dynoed the intake and checked the liquid dynamics in effect, but even a moderately designed bulge will create power.

Using a principle almost like Hemoltz Resonance, the bulge creates a low pressure zone in comparison to the rest of the intake piping causing a vacuum to form in the bulge. The engine working as the pump keeps sucking in the extra air and the vacuum keeps building until the volume of air in the entire system averages out at a higher mass than with a linear-diametre piping system.

The reason why the J's Racing unit that the Password:JDM one is based off of looks the way it does is because of the need to smooth the air out over the routing of the piping, which is in the form of an 's'. Mind you, smoothing out the bulge in a straight pipe would also yield benefits.

Mind you, this is from my non-expertise liquid dynamics understanding. I've only been studying this stuff by myself for about 2-3 years, so I am nowhere near schooled. There may be other principles involved. that I am not aware of that change the theory slightly, but I research every chance I get so I can innovate or improve on my current understanding of physics, chemistry and so on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rival Autosport For This Useful Post:

RedRage (04-25-2016)