Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why would someone do this

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    that sucks buddy. I hope they didnt hurt motor or anything. If you go to teh dealership and say it nicely they may be able to go thru Mitsu, to try to get that cover for u. say it fell off with snow or something. IF you go that route, I would ask Daox to delete thread just in case they do research on it. Or if you do an insurance claim you will have to pay your dec which isnt worth it.

There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    How did they break it like that? I can imagine the amount of force it would take! Are you sure that the trunk didn't take any damage at all. If your car is that new I am 100% sure they will do you a favor, go and talk with them and show them what happend to your new car...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow my condolences.

Not sure why someone would steal the rear wiper off a Mirage, but its safe to assume he's a complete idiot. Mirages aren't that common I guess...so I would check Craigslist in your area, if you're willing to find this guy. I doubt he stole it to put to his own car, not sure if it would even fit. Usually people steal car parts just to make a quick buck.

Just a tip: Have a notebook with the serial numbers of any exterior parts that can be stolen. This way when they post the item on Craigslist you can catch them.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (02-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Just out of curiousity, u didn't use a drive thru car wash recently did you? If you did, it's possible the brushes ripped off the wiper and you didn't notice because the machines are so loud. I took my Fiat through a wash once and it kept lifting the wiper off the window and slamming it back down. I thought for sure it was about to rip it off. That was the last time I took that car through a wash. These cars are small and the wash machines don't seem to be designed for them so the brushes get closer to the rear then they should. Just a thought.

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    No I didn't go through a car wash. When I got home from work at night it was still there, and then when I woke up to go to school the next morning it was cracked off and a little black piece of it was in my grass. I'm in high school so someone was probably just jealous that I got a new car (that I am paying for myself). My new wiper arm got in today and it is as good as new.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanday2 For This Useful Post:

chris_top_her (03-07-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Wow my condolences.

Not sure why someone would steal the rear wiper off a Mirage, but its safe to assume he's a complete idiot. Mirages aren't that common I guess...so I would check Craigslist in your area, if you're willing to find this guy. I doubt he stole it to put to his own car, not sure if it would even fit. Usually people steal car parts just to make a quick buck.

Just a tip: Have a notebook with the serial numbers of any exterior parts that can be stolen. This way when they post the item on Craigslist you can catch them.
    a brush car wash. lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris_top_her For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-07-2016),fc321 (03-07-2016)