Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I wait until April to Buy 2015 Mirage (new)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    the 9,104 internet price turned into $12,500 out the door
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that includes Florida's infamous sales tax, right? You might not be able to avoid that tax whether you buy new or used, no?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Dontee, what kind of warranty did you get? I understand the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty doesn't get transferred to subsequent owners.
    I got a Bumper to Bumper 100k. I got the remainder of 5y/60k with the price. I paid a lil extra for the extra coverage. Also got GAP and Tire and Wheel< That is just in case i dont avoid a pot hole and it blows the tire or wheel. $0 Deducible covers both up to $2,500 of coverage. so like 10 tires and wheels im guess lol.
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dontee For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that includes Florida's infamous sales tax, right? You might not be able to avoid that tax whether you buy new or used, no?

Your going to pay tax tags and doc no matter where you buy the car. Your paying your states tax, and all. I have people that come from Delaware to NJ to buy a car to avoid tax. Since Del has no sales tax. but you pay a luxury Tax in Del like 4.25%. Better than the 7% tax of NJ but no matter what the Government is getting theirs. Ppl think dealerships are trying to rip them a new one when the car is $10k but than all of a sudden your financing just under $12k. Those fees we dont keep we have to give them to the state. The government is making out on every deal not always the dealer.

P.s that 9100 for a Mirage most likely inclueds ALL rebates. I.E Military, Loyalty, And all that JAzz

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I am just going to wait and find a good deal used. Im tired of these clowns.

When I bought my first NEW car, a 2013 Ford Fiesta I swore I would never again buy a NEW car from a dealership, after they bent me over a barrell and even financed me at 9% APR (And gave me $3000 less on my trade-in than it was worth)

Now I was willing to buy it new around 11k out the door but since none of these clowns wants to go lower than $12,500 then they can all go to heaven.

It is all such a racket and not even worth the enjoyment of driving a nice new car with the new car smell.....because my mind would never allow me to enjoy peace, it would torment me, saying "You overpayed, you wasted $6000 with first year depreciation you big dummy"

Thats a big reason I am selling the Fiesta with 34k miles, because everytime I look at it I am reminded of the foolish mistake, how I over-paid and how I acted like a giant SUCKER

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes 7% sales tax and about $300 for tags, title and other assorted nonsense It comes out to around $1100 (that goes to the State government) and the rest is dealership crapola

@Dontee,

yes all the rebates where included in that price (as if anybody could ever qualify for ALL of them)

And something else funny: When I sent the weblink to a local dealer he actually called the dealership from the webpage and then emailed me back that the OTD price was actually $12,600

I thought I could mudwrestle with these hogs but they know every trick in the book. I was really hoping to match wits with them (almost like a way to gain redemption for the awful deal I signed up for in 2013) but to no avail. You cant bulls*t a professional bullsh*tter.

Or can you? I wanted the feel that feeling, to outwit them like a cunning game of poker and chuckle as they are forced to sell the vehicle at a loss. But instead they puffed up their chests like a lizard and have all declined my offer of $11,500 otd
    Last edited by fc321; 02-27-2016 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dealerships are allowed to make money. If you come in undereducated and we can make money sure we will. But if you can get a New car with a sticker of $14,000 and walk out Paying TOTAL out the door $12,500 i think thats a good deal. Let me ask you how much do you think is the mark up on these cars. Were not talking Chevy that gives you almost 10K off their trucks at the end of the year. There is literally 300 to 400 Mark up from Invoice to MSRP. I know you dont believe it but its true. Put it this way with the Lancer Evo Final Edition. MSRP of 39,800 or something close like that. I have 1,800 to 2250 of mark up on that car depending on options and such.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dontee For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Yes 7% sales tax and about $300 for tags, title and other assorted nonsense It comes out to around $1100 (that goes to the State government) and the rest is dealership crapola
    That is about the same tax rate around here. I thought Florida would be higher.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontee View Post
    Dealerships are allowed to make money. If you come in undereducated and we can make money sure we will. But if you can get a New car with a sticker of $14,000 and walk out Paying TOTAL out the door $12,500 i think thats a good deal. Let me ask you how much do you think is the mark up on these cars. Were not talking Chevy that gives you almost 10K off their trucks at the end of the year. There is literally 300 to 400 Mark up from Invoice to MSRP. I know you dont believe it but its true. Put it this way with the Lancer Evo Final Edition. MSRP of 39,800 or something close like that. I have 1,800 to 2250 of mark up on that car depending on options and such.
    Thank you for your input. As I said earlier, I have "emotional" reasons for wanting to get the lowest price. In order to feel redemption for my carelessness of 3 years ago. I dont expect you to understand that because you are only using the logical side of your brain. The dealerships only think about making a big profit off of somebody but they do not understand the emotional pain and sorrow (and the way that they torment and punish themselves internally) that a person feels when they realize that they acted like a naive SUCKER and allowed themselves to be outfoxed, and taken advantage of like a baby who has had his lollypop yanked out of his hand by a dog

I do believe you about a $300 - $400 difference between invoice and MSRP but we all know in 2016 that Invoice is just a giant red herring and that the dealerships are compensated behind the scenes in the following ways:

Mitsubishi's 373 dealers get "holdback," money
    that's built into the dealer invoice price but later
    returned by the manufacturer. Mitsubishi's hold-
    back is 2% of the base sticker price (MSRP), exclud-
    ing the destination charge and any additional ac-
    cessories/options.

In addition, dealers get another
    2% of the base MSRP as a “floorplanning allow-
    ance,” money the auto-maker provides to help cover
    inventory financing costs. Total: 4% of base MSRP.
    J. D. Power’s Initial Quality survey measures “show-
    room preparation quality,” but tells nothing about
    long-term reliability. Vehicles with better reliability
    last longer, are more trouble-free, and hold their val-
    ue better as used cars.

But holdback and floorplanning dollars are ‘chump
    change’ compared to the money dealers get from
    automakers’ secret “below-the-line” bonus pro-
    grams, typically based on monthly or multi-month
    total sales objectives set dealer-by-dealer — and
    unrelated to your purchase. Often the payoff levels
    depend on a dealership’s ratings in subjective areas
    such as employee training, Internet marketing pro-
    grams, Certified Pre-Owned programs and custom-
    er satisfaction.

So dont give us a sob story about how the dealers are barely making a profit. When you walk into a dealership and just imagine the thousands of dollars per month in overhead that it costs to pay rent, the salaries of staff, the electric bill and so forth then it doesnt take a genius to figure out that they could not keep the doors open if they where making $300 - $400 profit per car. Go sell that line of baloney somewhere else.

Every business is entitled to make a profit, and I own my own business and I believe it strongly. But I dont treat my customers in a way that has them tossing and turning in their beds at night with stress and torment. The automobile dealerships have taken advantage of the general public for over 60 years in an abusive manner and they are part of a select few industries that can lie cheat and steal and their lobbyists have done a great job in protecting them.

Remember back when you could sign a contract for a new car and then change your mind within 48 hours? The lobbyists have worked to reverse that and just google it for yourself (there is no more 48 hour rule of remorse anymore to protect consumers)

These sharks will lure you in to the dealership and use all sorts of psychological games and manipulation, things that not even police detectives are allowed to do to elicit a confession from criminals.

Here is a common tactic:

They get your drivers license to make a photocopy while you go for a test drive. If you try to leave right after the test drive you find that the secretary who made the photcopy has "gone to lunch for an hour so just have a seat and wait". And while you wait they begin to chisel you down,

Another tactic:

They get your keys so they can appraise your trade in vehicle. If you decide to walk out of the negotiation they tell you that you must "wait" for the mechanic to finish...... 30 minutes later, they tell you "Your car is on the lift"

1 hour later....The car is back down but the mechanic has misplaced your keys....they are looking for them but in the meantime have another cup of coffee and lets continue negotiating. (Of course they have no food there and the vending machine has been disconnected on purpose so that you cannot eat even a bag of pretzels). The "starvation" is a very effective tactic by the way and has been in common use for over 40 years at car dealerships.

2 hours later, you try to walk out and demand your trade-in vehicle and its keys. Now you find it parked in the lot but it is boxed in by 3 other cars. Of course the car boxing it in from behind (the most important) well NOBODY knows who that car belongs to. "it must be another customer" "Dont worry sir, we will find out who that car belongs to but in the meantime lets go back into my ice cold a/c office, I have great news for you, the manager has agreed to knock another $200 off and throw in a free set of floor mats if you sign right now! And 3 free oil changes! Sign the contract"

and on and on and on it goes...........

Of course nothing like this happens at Dontee's dealership. They are upstanding gentlemen over there
    Last edited by fc321; 02-27-2016 at 01:37 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Canoehead (03-01-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    I am looking to buy a new mirage DE stickshift

I know that the new 2017 model is coming out in April 2016.

Do you think I should wait until April to get a better deal? You think I will get a cheaper price?
    If you want a better deal buy the olld one when the new one comes out as the price will drop for the old one, don't you think?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Thank you for your input. As I said earlier, I have "emotional" reasons for wanting to get the lowest price. In order to feel redemption for my carelessness of 3 years ago. I dont expect you to understand that because you are only using the logical side of your brain. The dealerships only think about making a big profit off of somebody but they do not understand the emotional pain and sorrow (and the way that they torment and punish themselves internally) that a person feels when they realize that they acted like a naive SUCKER and allowed themselves to be outfoxed, and taken advantage of like a baby who has had his lollypop yanked out of his hand by a dog

I do believe you about a $300 - $400 difference between invoice and MSRP but we all know in 2016 that Invoice is just a giant red herring and that the dealerships are compensated behind the scenes in the following ways:

Mitsubishi's 373 dealers get "holdback," money
    that's built into the dealer invoice price but later
    returned by the manufacturer. Mitsubishi's hold-
    back is 2% of the base sticker price (MSRP), exclud-
    ing the destination charge and any additional ac-
    cessories/options.

In addition, dealers get another
    2% of the base MSRP as a “floorplanning allow-
    ance,” money the auto-maker provides to help cover
    inventory financing costs. Total: 4% of base MSRP.
    J. D. Power’s Initial Quality survey measures “show-
    room preparation quality,” but tells nothing about
    long-term reliability. Vehicles with better reliability
    last longer, are more trouble-free, and hold their val-
    ue better as used cars.

But holdback and floorplanning dollars are ‘chump
    change’ compared to the money dealers get from
    automakers’ secret “below-the-line” bonus pro-
    grams, typically based on monthly or multi-month
    total sales objectives set dealer-by-dealer — and
    unrelated to your purchase. Often the payoff levels
    depend on a dealership’s ratings in subjective areas
    such as employee training, Internet marketing pro-
    grams, Certified Pre-Owned programs and custom-
    er satisfaction.

So dont give us a sob story about how the dealers are barely making a profit. When you walk into a dealership and just imagine the thousands of dollars per month in overhead that it costs to pay rent, the salaries of staff, the electric bill and so forth then it doesnt take a genius to figure out that they could not keep the doors open if they where making $300 - $400 profit per car. Go sell that line of baloney somewhere else.

Every business is entitled to make a profit, and I own my own business and I believe it strongly. But I dont treat my customers in a way that has them tossing and turning in their beds at night with stress and torment. The automobile dealerships have taken advantage of the general public for over 60 years in an abusive manner and they are part of a select few industries that can lie cheat and steal and their lobbyists have done a great job in protecting them.

Remember back when you could sign a contract for a new car and then change your mind within 48 hours? The lobbyists have worked to reverse that and just google it for yourself (there is no more 48 hour rule of remorse anymore to protect consumers)

These sharks will lure you in to the dealership and use all sorts of psychological games and manipulation, things that not even police detectives are allowed to do to elicit a confession from criminals.

Here is a common tactic:

They get your drivers license to make a photocopy while you go for a test drive. If you try to leave right after the test drive you find that the secretary who made the photcopy has "gone to lunch for an hour so just have a seat and wait". And while you wait they begin to chisel you down,

Another tactic:

They get your keys so they can appraise your trade in vehicle. If you decide to walk out of the negotiation they tell you that you must "wait" for the mechanic to finish...... 30 minutes later, they tell you "Your car is on the lift"

1 hour later....The car is back down but the mechanic has misplaced your keys....they are looking for them but in the meantime have another cup of coffee and lets continue negotiating. (Of course they have no food there and the vending machine has been disconnected on purpose so that you cannot eat even a bag of pretzels). The "starvation" is a very effective tactic by the way and has been in common use for over 40 years at car dealerships.

2 hours later, you try to walk out and demand your trade-in vehicle and its keys. Now you find it parked in the lot but it is boxed in by 3 other cars. Of course the car boxing it in from behind (the most important) well NOBODY knows who that car belongs to. "it must be another customer" "Dont worry sir, we will find out who that car belongs to but in the meantime lets go back into my ice cold a/c office, I have great news for you, the manager has agreed to knock another $200 off and throw in a free set of floor mats if you sign right now! And 3 free oil changes! Sign the contract"

and on and on and on it goes...........

Of course nothing like this happens at Dontee's dealership. They are upstanding gentlemen over there
    Let's set they would use the common tactic at me, (it would not happen, because when you test drive a car in Denmark, they make a copy of the license before you go away with the car, eventually you need it if the police stops you ? ) I would call the cops and tell them that they keep me as a hostage, because I needed to go but they had my license.. (don't get me wrong with this..)

And if there where using the second method, I would ask them if they had a lifter and just move the other cars my self, or wait for the "costumer" to come back .. if theyou not comming back, I would call the police again and let them contact the owner of the car .. and then afterwards deal with the dealer..