Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honest opinions! Hows my progress? XD

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Honest opinions! Hows my progress? XD

It's the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Pearl White with the CVT. So far I've replaced factory wheels for aftermarket Katana 16x7 offset of 40 & Federal SS 195/45/R16, 20% Tint all way around, and a few decals here n there (planning on removing them)

I'm looking to replace the rotors for some drilled/slotted ones and get the car lowered about inch n half.. If you know where I can get these things post a link for me, that'll be much appreciated!
    Name:  20160422_204213.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  92.1 KB Name:  20160422_204123.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  96.1 KB

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotoriousJT For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (04-25-2016),Eggman (04-24-2016),eulogylife (04-26-2016),inuvik (04-24-2016),Littlestan (04-25-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Those wheels look nice! Thanks for posting the photos.

What are your plans for the old wheels? Also, what changes do you notice? Other members have said a new set of wheels makes a big difference in handling. What about fuel economy?

Again, thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

NotoriousJT (04-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you! The old wheels are in storage for just winter only and I'll use these rims for just sprint/summer time. I did notice a huge difference in handling. The car is more firm to the road, especially around corners. With the wider wheel size (going from 4.5" to 6" wide) actually makes a definite difference for driving. And also fuel economy for me was still in the 40s, the wheels didn't affect much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NotoriousJT For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those wheels are a nice match for the car. Looks great!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! I really want rims like that. I have been looking at bronze Konigs that look similar.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Looking great! I've also got a white one, so I'm glad to see that style of wheel on there.

Over the past 9 months, I went from OEM springs to full Amazon cheapies, swapped just the rears
    back to OEM's, swapped in some VW rears that were too firm so swapped back to OEM again, and
    finally bit the bullet and ordered a full set of Eibachs which I highly recommend over any
    combination of the previous springs. I've only been on them a week and wish I'd just gone with them
    to begin with. The stance will be dropped but level though, so if you prefer a bit of a rake in the
    back order some rubber spacers for the rear at the same time.

Love the tint; I really think it makes the white pop in contrast... gotta get on that. So many things,
    not enough time. xD

Part number for the set is E10-60-017-01-22. I got mine from Germany on eBay.
    Last edited by Littlestan; 04-25-2016 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Added Eibach part number info.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Littlestan For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (04-25-2016),NotoriousJT (04-25-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post
    Looking great! I've also got a white one, so I'm glad to see that style of wheel on there.

Over the past 9 months, I went from OEM springs to full Amazon cheapies, swapped just the rears
    back to OEM's, swapped in some VW rears that were too firm so swapped back to OEM again, and
    finally bit the bullet and ordered a full set of Eibachs which I highly recommend over any
    combination of the previous springs. I've only been on them a week and wish I'd just gone with them
    to begin with. The stance will be dropped but level though, so if you prefer a bit of a rake in the

Love the tint; I really think it makes the white pop in contrast... gotta get on that. So many things,
    not enough time. xD
    Haha thanks man. Yeah tint really made it a lot better. My next goal is to get either a roof rack next or lowering springs. May do the lowering springs first.
    Last edited by NotoriousJT; 04-25-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post

not enough time. xD

Part number for the set is E10-60-017-01-22. I got mine from Germany on eBay.

Yes one million times for the Eibach springs!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The car looks good. The tire size is perfect and you should not have any type of issues with rubbing. I have the car lowered with Eibach springs and 195/45/16 tires. I had 4 adults in the car just yesterday and it did not have any issues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks excellent! Kind of wish they had shipped me a white mirage, but I at least got my second pick. Those wheels give the car some excellent proportion.