Thread: Cheap fog lights?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cheap fog lights?

I've been thinking about getting fog lights for a while now. First I was going to get something like this:

However, I've decided not to do that since Ditomobile confirmed that our local dealers want $100 to have the switch activated. I figured that if I'm not going to get the stalk switch activated, there isn't much reason to get the "plug and play" lights. I found these LED's for less than $10, but obviously they are generic and not designed for any specific car model. They are 7cm wide, and I measured the openings on my 2015 DE to be 8cm wide. I haven't been able to get a good look inside to see what I have to work with as far as mounting them. This is also assuming that I can find a decent-looking way to fill the extra space around the perimeter of the lights. Does anyone who's done any work with their fog lights have any insight into whether these might work?

Name:  fog lights.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  43.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Walmart and AutoZone sell cheap sets for around $20. I bought an AutoZone set and installed them in my silver DE shortly before the accident, then replaced it with a blue ES, so now I have factory fog lights. Only problem is they can only be used with low beams, so I installed the AutoZone set from the silver one onto the blue one to fill in the gap the high beams leave.

When installing lights in a DE, keep in mind you're going to have to come up with your own mounting brackets and fine-tune the aim. It's doable with a lot of trial and error.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ah okay that's what I thought. I'll probably order these and see if I can hack them up nicely. If it doesn't work out I will just get the ones from AutoZone. Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)