Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone having A/C issues? (not cold, compressor cycling every few seconds)

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaminado View Post
    I have a brand new one a month old, and yesterday i notice the the ac compressor is on and off every 1or 2 minutes. I suspected something strange since new.. Every time a do highway travel at constant speed with air con on... I felt the engine power not constant.. Like as i was turning the ac on and off... Monday im going to mitsubishi.
    This is exactly what mine does... I was told it's normal but now I'm having doubts.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ours definitely cycles less after having it recharged (though it still cycles more than other cars I've had).

When it was low on refrigerant we could have it on full cold (61*F) with the fan on high and the vent on recirculate and it would still cycle it every few seconds. Now it runs the compressor continuously until it cools down in the car.

The A/C is still not as cold as my Yaris which will absolutely freeze you out even when it is 100*F+ outside.

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    I've been in mitsubishi dealer today explained the problem, ac compressor it turns on and off every minute more than once... They tried on another one brand new and it makes the same... They will contact me after investigating if its normal

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi dealer response... Its normal... Its the compressor adjusting to the cabin temp... Were i live the temperature its around 30° to 35°... Im not using auto in the ac...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Two months later and the A/C is having trouble keeping the interior cool on 85-degree days. Awesome

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wouldn't get to upset, it's only refrigerant leak. Your already half way to fixing the issue (knowing the issue is sometimes the hardest part)

Personally, ide calmly return to the dealer, explain to them this is a reoccurring thing and you would like results.

Did you catch a rock? Jump a curb? Grab the compressor line when changing your oil? Anything could have jolted something just enough for a hairline crack and a leak. Think back you might be able to track the issue yourself.

Ide just take it in stride and do the dealer thing, if it turns into a dead end, take it to another dealer. If they both say, "sorry sir" there's always hope elsewhere. Yes this means forking out some cash and yes that sucks, but they'll find it quickly and efficiently, and the 2-400$ to have it actually fixed will be money well spent, even for just the peace of mind.

Besides, you live in Texas.. does it really even get hot there??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am hugely annoyed at this, mostly at the indifferent customer service I have received from the dealer and Mitsubishi corporate who suggested that my issues are partially due to my living in Texas.

I wasted a whole day a few months back only to have them tell me there was nothing wrong with it, that they couldn't find any leaks, and that all the hoses, fittings and even the evaporator were fine. Since they couldn't find any leaks, that somehow made it justifiable for them to charge me $120 for a refrigerant top-up, even though the system only holds ~9 ounces total and a 12 oz. can is $5 at the parts store.

There is absolutely no way I will take it somewhere else and pay out of pocket to have a car diagnosed and repaired that is not even halfway through the bumper-to-bumper warranty. I'm sure they would void the warranty on the rest of the A/C system if they found out and then I would be out of luck if the compressor died at some point down the road.

Luckily I am within the 1 year/12k repair warranty so the next recharge is covered. And once they find an issue I will be seeking reimbursement for the prior recharge. I would probably be less annoyed if they had loaner cars or even a shuttle that would take me to work but no one really seems to care about my satisfaction. I don't expect a Lexus ownership experience by any means but I did expect basic competence.

I am really starting to wish that I had just spent an extra $2-3k and bought another Toyota.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to adrew For This Useful Post:

emdeplam (06-16-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
    I am hugely annoyed at this, mostly at the indifferent customer service I have received .

I am really starting to wish that I had just spent an extra $2-3k and bought another Toyota.
    I completely agree, and have had the same experience (just different problems)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

emdeplam (06-16-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Air conditioning

Rear axle

Dealership customer services are my biggest complaints with my mirage

My ac takes so much power, if I'm below 3000 rpm going up hills I lose speed and have to downshift. If I floor it the ac turns off but then the car takes off then I let off and the ac turns on and the car falls dead again. The ac cycles over and over non stop every 10-15 seconds. So annoying. My truck ac cycles 1-2 times per minute and I can't tell its on. My fuel economy is dropping as well.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    I'll set my temperature to 72, sometimes 74. Never below 70, the compressor runs far less and is still very comfortable. But here on the ludicrously temperate Oregon Coast 75 degrees is a hot day, 80+ is a heat wave.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)