Thread: tweeter speakers

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

tweeter speakers

I purchased these tweeter boxes that fit up by the window from e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281947552456...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The whole for the speaker is 1.75 inches. Does anyone know what part number the actual speaker is.

I also found these speakers on e-bay would they work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150912052852...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am trying to upgrade the sound level, the other four speakers are located in the lower doors.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.9 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I hope these fit our mirage. I was going to hack up my ones to add tweeters to my system.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The speaker boxes fit perfectly but I know nothing about audio systems and need help finding the right speakers to fit inside the box. The install looks straightforward after reviewing the post from 91cavgt (9-22-14) see picture #4 this is what I am calling a speaker box.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.9 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Good find, the mirage speakers are horrible, you can hardly hear people speaking/talking clearly from the radio.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just get a good coaxial speaker that comes with its own tweeter. You dont "have" to mount the tweeter up high for quality sound. I installed 4 polk audio db651s, i have the lf and lr bridged to 2ohm and the rf and rr bridged to 2 ohm, wired up to a pioneer amp that does 150 watts per channel at 2 ohms and it sound amazing. My subaru has mm6501 components with the same amp and the difference is barely noticable...... i personally wouldnt waste my time. Others have complained the need to run speaker wire of say 12, 14, or 16 guage because "stock wire is too small for amp use" which is bull**** since im running 150 watts and tuned using the smd-dd1, the headunit is good up to 48 out of 62 for thd mids/highs and 50 for lows, so i tuned the whole system to 48 and its loud as ****. All this extra **** really isnt required.... but to each their own.

Get a better tweeter than the one you linked, check out sonicelectronix.com if they deliver to you (dunno where you live) and check out their tweeter section. Their 20-30 dollar tweeters womt be as horrible as some generic ebay brand

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    Just get a good coaxial speaker that comes with its own tweeter. You dont "have" to mount the tweeter up high for quality sound. I installed 4 polk audio db651s, i have the lf and lr bridged to 2ohm and the rf and rr bridged to 2 ohm, wired up to a pioneer amp that does 150 watts per channel at 2 ohms and it sound amazing. My subaru has mm6501 components with the same amp and the difference is barely noticable...... i personally wouldnt waste my time. Others have complained the need to run speaker wire of say 12, 14, or 16 guage because "stock wire is too small for amp use" which is bull**** since im running 150 watts and tuned using the smd-dd1, the headunit is good up to 48 out of 62 for thd mids/highs and 50 for lows, so i tuned the whole system to 48 and its loud as ****. All this extra **** really isnt required.... but to each their own.

Get a better tweeter than the one you linked, check out sonicelectronix.com if they deliver to you (dunno where you live) and check out their tweeter section. Their 20-30 dollar tweeters womt be as horrible as some generic ebay brand
    Yeah and how much did all those speakers and an amp cost? More than 50$ I bet and probably heavier on a supposedly fuel economy car lol

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Mine arrived two days ago. Now the hunt for a nice set of components.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Mine arrived two days ago. Now the hunt for a nice set of components.
    These any good?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I82BX8U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX 0DER

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by codenamezero View Post
    Never heard of the brand. But for that price, I'd give them a go.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eco driver View Post
    I purchased these tweeter boxes that fit up by the window from e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281947552456...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The hole for the speaker is 1.75 inches.
    I bought a set of these same tweeter boxes and fitted them with Infinity Reference 075tx tweeters. Wired them in parallel with the front door speakers with the included high pass filters. They work wonderfully!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daleWV For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-06-2016),WhiteMirage (11-19-2018)