Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with new rims

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiblue View Post
    Aftermarket is the way to go. These cost me around $500 with tires mounted and balanced from discount tire. They weigh only 10.9 lbs, less than the stock wheel. Attachment 6994Attachment 6995
    They are lighter but a bigger wheel and wider so they had to hit your fuel economy? Correct?

What are they size and brand wheels? They look very nice I am just not sure I would want the hit to my fuel economy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone for the compliments on my car! But my wheels specs are 16x7 +40 on a 195/45/16 here is the link http://passwordjdm.com/Spun-Supamesh-Wheels-C1838.aspx . I am lowered on tein coilovers. I still get great mpg 40+

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to axeldsm1 For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (09-14-2016),Mistah JT (09-14-2016),mitsumi (09-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    They are lighter but a bigger wheel and wider so they had to hit your fuel economy? Correct?

What are they size and brand wheels? They look very nice I am just not sure I would want the hit to my fuel economy.
    My tires are nearly identical in size and rim weight

I noticed a massive 5+ mpg hit at first.
    decided I couldn't bear putting back on trailer tires right away.... ya know, peer pressure lol

and luckily so!

After a few thousand miles it became almost unnoticeable, as the tires broke in. I'm sure it's still "loosing" mpg compared to factory though, but my record tank, and display readout, both were set on these tires.
    Last edited by MightyMirageMpg; 09-14-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by axeldsm1 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the compliments on my car! But my wheels specs are 16x7 +40 on a 195/45/16 here is the link http://passwordjdm.com/Spun-Supamesh-Wheels-C1838.aspx . I am lowered on tein coilovers. I still get great mpg 40+
    That site says they are $550 each?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post

They are Konig Dial In. If I remember correctly, they are 15x7 with a 35+ offset. Again, only weighing 10.9 lbs. Mpg wasn't affected that badly. I still get 33+ in the city and 45+ on the highway. I'm sure it could be higher, but my light bar and relocated license plate in front lowers it I'm sure. The biggest difference is in terms of handling. The wider wheels make the car more stable at speeds, in turns, and over bumps.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How are those Hankooks? I'm looking at 195/50/15 options myself, and have bronze Konig Heliums, just a few ounces heavier than your Dial Ins. Been thinking about Dunlop Direzza DZ102s, but tests show wet handling isn't as good as some others.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by axeldsm1 View Post
    Just go with a nice after market wheel you will spend alot less.Attachment 6988 these costed me around 600 bucks
    The ride height of your car is perfect! Coilovers is my next purchase for sure. Where did you get your coilovers and how do you like them?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiblue View Post
    ...Konig Dial In
    ...15x7 with a 35+ offset
    ...weighing 10.9 lbs
    I considered those wheels, but I was concerned about the loss of fuel economy changing to a non low rolling resistance tire. As best I could tell, there's not a low rolling resistance tire in size 195-50-15.

Do those tires rub at all up front when you turn the steering wheel to a full lock either way?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    How are those Hankooks? I'm looking at 195/50/15 options myself, and have bronze Konig Heliums, just a few ounces heavier than your Dial Ins. Been thinking about Dunlop Direzza DZ102s, but tests show wet handling isn't as good as some others.
    The Heliums are a popular choice. I was considering those as well. I've got no complaints so far with the Hankooks. They are better than the Dunlop's that come on the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I considered those wheels, but I was concerned about the loss of fuel economy changing to a non low rolling resistance tire. As best I could tell, there's not a low rolling resistance tire in size 195-50-15.

Do those tires rub at all up front when you turn the steering wheel to a full lock either way?
    The tires don't rub at all up front. Only when I have someone riding in back and over bumpy roads do they rub. More so on the right side for some reason.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Machiblue For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (09-16-2016)