Thread: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage GT (CVT) vs. Ford Fiesta 1.0T (5spd) - DetroitNews.com

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage GT (CVT) vs. Ford Fiesta 1.0T (5spd) - DetroitNews.com

Name:  ###mirage-fiesta.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  75.8 KB

Interesting review, aiming to answer the question about 3 cylinders:

...you really want to know is whether three is enough. Can you really live with just half a six-pack?
    In the end he gives the Mirage 3/5 stars, Fiesta 4/5

Fiesta summary:

- 1.0T is "a delight"
    - better interior quality

Mirage summary:

- greatly improved over previous version, in looks & handling
    - suspension upgrades plus GT wheel & tires made it a "hoot to throw through corners"
    - "underpowered": you have to drive with your foot on the floor to keep up with interstate traffic
    - he only got 30 freakin' MPG!
    - CVT drivetrain drones loudly when pushed

So applause to Mitsubishi for saving the Mirage from ignominy with its affordable, drivable ’17 makeover. At under $18 grand, the Mirage finally belongs in the U.S. market. Just be sure and speak up when you have a passenger — so they can hear you over the leaf blower.
    My counterpoint:

I wonder how many 3-cylinder Fiestas Ford sells each month. I bet it's not even close to the number of new Mirages sold. The reviewer had a hard time finding one to test:

finding a three-cylinder Fiesta ... is harder than finding a four-leaf clover. In these days of under-$3 a gallon gas, 3-cylinders aren’t in favor. I found —appropriately — only three on Metro Detroit dealer lots.
    See the full review/photo gallery:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opi...test/90394392/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (09-15-2016),Eggman (09-16-2016),Top_Fuel (09-16-2016)